Friday, March 06, 2009

On Guard, Tushy

For the past couple weeks one of our favorite games to play is "Pirates". Syd and Noah love it, switching between good and bad pirates or mermaids (mermen for the boys!). A week or so ago I was in Target, visiting my favorite spot (the dollar spot) when I found these foam swords. They may just have been one of the best investments I've ever made, at a dollar each, even a couple of minutes of fun would have been worth it but they've brought hours and hours of fun already.

So yesterday Noah and I were sword fighting and having a great time. I approached him and said "on guard, touche", while waiving my sword at him. He returned the gesture saying "on guard, tushy". It was so cute, his little mispronunciation. Then again today Jeff was playing pirates with him and he said it again, multiple times. I know we shouldn't really laugh at the mistakes he makes as he's learning to speak but we couldn't help it, he was so darn cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, SO sweet, Char. It's so nice to hear about what you guys are up to. Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

That is so precious :) Great photo too. Tons of luv, Lee