Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"A Different Kind Of Garden"...

Syd came into my bathroom this morning while I was doing my make-up and went on to tell me, "Mommy, when I'm five I get to go to a different kind of garden, that's what my friend Ms. Erin told me." A little confused I tried to figure out what on earth she was talking about. I thought of every different kind of garden I could, flower, fruit, etc and nothing made sense. Then I thought a little more and a light "clicked".

"Oh, you mean kindergarten, right?"

"Ya, my friend Ms. Erin told me that when I'm five I can go to kindergarten with Leigh and Roman." It all started making sense then, so I went on to ask her about kindergarten and what she thought would be there and what she would do.

"There will be lots of big different colored houses and new toys." Then she strolled out of the bathroom to continue on playing. Ah, gotta love those moments of enlightenment into the inner workings of a four-year-old.

2 comments:

Lori said...

awww, that is soooo sweet. But doesn't it make you a bit "sad" to see how much they want to grow up and how excited they are? Sophie is almost 3 and talks about going to school ALL the time. She loves playing that she is going to school...it just goes by too fast!!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. What a cutie.

Love Auntie Carissa