As we made it to the van Jeff noticed how EXTREMELY close the car next to us had parked to the driver-side, where we load the kids in. We had maybe eight to ten inches to work with and that's not a whole lot when you've got three kids and a bunch of groceries to load in. So Jeff, in his under-the-breath, hope-the-kids-or-anyone-else-in-the-parking-lot-doesn't-hear voice says "What a dink!". I'm the eternal optimist and try to find an excuse for everyone in every crappy situation just kinda let it go. Jeff starts carrying the kids into the van and walking back to the cart says "I so want to key their car!" I reply with a mockingly repulsed "Jeff!" Then he says, "I'd never do it, I just WANT to." Me, "I know."The next thing I know, as Jeff carries another kid to the car, I see him turn and talk to someone in the car next to us, the lady who was driving has had her window down the whole time and I can only presume has heard the whole exchange! I can't help but have a smug smile and start laughing under my breath. Jeff, horrified, tells the woman everything is fine and it's not a problem when she asks if she parked too closely. Jeff rounds the corner of the van with an expression of sheer terror after this interchange and I just lose it. There's no holding back, I try to not act in a you-deserved-it kind of way but can't really help it. Thankfully Jeff is also laughing uncontrollably so I don't feel so bad.
I don't think we stopped laughing for a good five minutes and any time either one of us mentioned even a small part of what happened we both would lose it all over again. Ya, I love laughing and thankfully Jeff has a good sense of humor and can laugh at himself, or I would have felt really bad for laughing at him, even if he totally deserved it.

No comments:
Post a Comment