Monday, October 06, 2008

Leave It To Noah...

Noah loves orange juice and pretty much every day he has a cup with what he calls "Daddy Juice" (nano greens fruit and veggie smoothie mix). Usually we get the pulp free orange juice but this past time the extra pulp variety showed up in our fridge. This made no difference to Noah for about a week, but then this morning he suddenly noticed something funny in his "Daddy Juice". As I said in the last post, Noah's had a cold for a week or so and thus has had a runny nose. So it didn't surprise me when he tried to give me this strand of something that looked pretty nasty and gross and possibly from his nose (he's been known to pick and pass before). It took me a while to figure out what it was, but Noah knew - it was "a googer, Mommy, a googer". So pulp from Orange Juice will hence forth be called "boogers" or "googers" if your Noah.

In other Noah news... he's been having a hard time at nap times lately. He goes "down" at 1pm every day and is supposed to sleep for at least 2 hours to a max of 3. Well, lately he's discovered that if he plays quietly Mommy won't make him stay in his bed as long as he's quiet and doesn't come out of his room (he recently figured out how to open doors to his excitement and my dismay!). Genenrally he does okay if he doesn't nap one day, but more than one or two days missed naps and he's a mess. But he doesn't seem to think so. For the past couple of days at pretty much exactly 3pm I hear him crying in his room. He's usually on his floor so tired that he can't think straight or even stand or anything - just sitting there complaining and crying. I thought that he had just fallen asleep on the floor (we find Syd sleeping like that all the time) and woke up in an uncomfortable position or something, that is, until today I realized that no, in fact he's just been playing so quietly that I hadn't heard him and he hadn't slept at all but was so tired that he couldn't do anything but cry. So today much to his frustration I picked him up and put him in his bed and let him cry there for a few minutes before he passed out for an hour and a half before I woke him back up because it was getting too close to bedtime. For the past few days I thought he was just having a hard wake-up, but no, you can't have a hard time waking up when you haven't gone to sleep!

4 comments:

Lori said...

how old is Noah? Sophie is 2.5 and I hope she naps for a long time still! I need that sanity break, LOL

the jordans said...

ahhh yes.... nap time fun...we're there too now! Ru needs it and so do I !lol

Anonymous said...

love love love the new blog makeover! that picture is GREAT.

Anonymous said...

What a cute family pic!! I am cracking up that luke is wearing a shirt that Jonas just grew out of :)