So I turned on Disney Channel this morning for our regular morning viewing and was reminded that it's Grandparent's Day today. Now I know this is just another one of those days that Hallmark made up to sell more cards (at least I'm pretty sure it is) but I had planned on helping the kids make special cards to send to their grandparents just to tell them how much they love and miss them. Since we don't get to see them very often with them all living so far away, I want to take opportunities like this to build bonds and make memories even if they are not physically present. But well, I failed this time. You see, here's my excuse... I used to do all the grocery shopping and I used to make it out to stores a lot more, but since Luke came along my time at the store is almost non-existent and because of that I don't see all the signs reminding me to buy cards and stuff for all the "days". So I forgot, until this morning that is and now it's a little late to send something through the mail so this will have to do.
Dear Grandma and Grandpa & Grandma Lee and Grandpa Harry,
vccccccccccccbvslls sl;X[;as AX:S:" S:P S PS]' jcc jm kiddeqi2n 2ei wiieaawe eaeaoaeo eaoaewl erplarpore owaroraowra wrolpraprap ooarp aaarew prllprrl rlflf flplf flfll af-------- fr44444f -cccccf=l33 ,cde,cqo ,ce,E EC-.X.E EXiuy uyhy yyu yuPXP P[FOJiooi uiopup puupu[p upiou uoyuopy yoppy ohypyhopyhny ;hh ylglbt bbbbbbb;;;;;;;;;;;b bktbtp mvrrb v.ppc. .,v pr r ./e ,d,d,o dqo,de,oqwe,oeqwowe,qw, ,, jhhhh hhhhh hhhhhh hhhhh hhhh hhhh hhhhhhhhh hhhh hh
Love you lots,
Noah
Dear Grandma and Grandpa & Grandma Lee and Grandpa Harry,
gkoqwuzlkjhgfdsa aasssss dssdssdcccc sydmmmmmmm sydneyyyy bbbbbbbbb kkkk dddddddd ddddddddddddddddddttttttt tttttttyy yyyiiiii oooo aaaaaaa kkkkkkkk kkk pppppp pppo oooiii iiiii iiiiittttttt tttttt ttgtttt wwww wwwwws sssssssssss aaaa aaa bbbz xc vb nm,. / uuuuu uuuuut tttt z xcvb nnm. , aasdf gh jklqs df gh jkl qqwerty uiop zzzzzxc vbnnn nm,. asdfghj klqqwwery yiiop
Love and miss you,
Sydney
Okay, so I just let both kids type whatever they wanted and all I did was press the space bar every once and a while just so it wasn't one crazy long string of letters, but you probably could figure that out. It's really interesting to watch the two kids different personallities come out through their typing though. Noah just started pushing random keys like crazy with all his fingers and no real plan or anything. Then Syd sits down and is very carefully picking out which keys to press with just one finger, very deliberately. They're both so different and it's so funny to watch it play out even in simple things like typing a letter to their grandparents.
Anyway, Happy Grandparent's Day to my parents and Jeff's parents, our kids Grandparents! Also to my Grandpa (and Grandma in heaven) and Granny, I love you guys tons and am so glad that God gave me such great Grandparents who in turn had kids that are awesome grandparents to my kids. I love you all!
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank you! We love you all too!
Today is a beautiful Grandparents Day. We are so blessed to love Sydney, Noah and Luke... and we look forward to anymore wonderful grandchildren that you add to our family.
We tried to call you this afternoon, but you weren't home. Hope you were having a fun time at the beach. We want to hear all about the new church building--when you finally get time to sit down.
See you soon, kisses and hugs from Grandma and Grandpa.
Awww - thanks so much - we were away so didn't see this till now - it's producing lots of warm fuzzies :)) We love you all so much and are so looking forward to seeing you soon. Hugs, us
Post a Comment