Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Playing Catch-Up...

So I've been a little behind in posting a few things lately. I've been waiting yet again to have pictures taken off the camera so that I can post about all the fun things that we've been up to and I just noticed that they're now off the camera and on the computer so I can start the catch-up, so here goes, are you ready for a ton of pics?

Why We Love Chick-Fil-A

I think it was about a month ago now that our favorite fast food restaurant reminded us again of why we love them. I'm pretty sure I've posted about Chick-Fil-A in the past but I don't really feel like trying to find it, so just believe me that I have already told you that they're amazing, the food rocks and the service is better than any other fast food place. But to knock them up another rung on the ladder they had a Cow Appreciation Day a while ago on which if you went to the store dressed as a cow you'd get a free meal. So me and the fam all dressed up in some pretty amazing home-made (by printing a few pages of the net that you could find on the Chick-Fil-A website) costumes and made our way to our local place. We (Jeff and I) were a little self-conscious walking in in our outfits when no one else was wearing one, but we did it anyways and got a lot of smiles and laughs and even more free food. We made away with just under $30 of free food - 5 full meals - even Luke was dressed up and got a free meal. We also had a ton of fun when the Chick-Fil-A cow made an appearance. Syd was just giddy and couldn't wait to run up to him and give him a huge hug. Noah was a little more hesitant, but he still loved him. Anyways, it was a great lunch, a fun time for the kids and great on the budget.

Cheesecake Factory's 30th Anniversary...

I has been a pretty good month for cheap and free food. We also found out that Cheesecake Factory was celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year and did it by offering any piece of cheesecake at the same price it was when they first open in 1978. That means that a piece of cheesecake that normally costs somewhere around $6.50 or more was only $1.50. So we again packed up the family and headed out to The Cheesecake Factory by our house for a fun time. The kids had so much fun just looking at all the paintings and decorations all over the restaurant and Noah slammed back almost an entire piece of Godiva Cheesecake, quite possibly the riches chocolate cheesecake ever. He probably would have finished it off but we pulled it away from him. I can't even finish half a piece so his progress was amazing. Syd loved hers too and it was just another great family time.

Fun At Home...

Life with three kids is getting pretty normal now but we still don't venture out nearly as often as we used to, so playing around the house has become the norm. We've had some fun taking pics of all the things we do and I'll put up a few of my favorites. The kids love playing outside and pretty much any artsy thing they can do. Syd is always asking if she can do a craft or play with play dough or paint or something. I try to give them as many opportunities as possible to do that and get that creativity out there, but sadly I don't think I give them enough, it's definitely something that I'd like to work on. It's just hard sometimes because most of those activities need my full attention and usually my two hands too and that's not something I have a ton of lately.

Happy Anniversary Baby...

So I'm a few days late on this one, I really did plan on posting this on our Anniversary on Sunday, but it just didn't happen. So Sunday marked the 6 year point in our marriage. Pretty crazy to me but it's true. What's crazier is that Jeff and I have been together for 9 years now and that's more than a 3rd of my life. Anyways, it's been another great year with so much happening and it only keeps getting better being married to him. I'd write a ton more about how much I love him and how great he is but it's getting pretty late and I'm really tired and the decaf coffee that I'm drinking (so hopefully Luke will sleep tonight and not stay up from all the caffeine that he'd be getting from me) isn't doing anything to make my brain function better so I'll just say this... I love you Babe, you're the most amazing man and I'm so proud to be married to you! I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us!

He's Seriously Huge...

So I took Luke to the doctor's today for his 2-month check-up and discovered that, to no one's surprise, he's officially big. Now you have to know that Noah was a huge baby and everyone always commented on how big he was, but Luke has him beat. Luke weighed in at a staggering 16 pounds 4 ounces and is 25 inches long. When Noah was almost two weeks older than Luke is now he weighed in at 16 pounds, 2 ounces and was 24 1/4 inches long. And Sydney for all those curious was only 13 pounds and 23 inches long at her 2-month check-up. So Luke is definitely the biggest. This isn't entirely shocking because Luke entered the world almost a full pound bigger than his brother and sister but still, it's pretty amazing. I just today started putting him in size 3 diapers (for an idea of how big that is if you haven't been around babies lately, I have a friend with a 7 month old and she just started wearing size 3 diapers) and he's almost completely grown out of his 3-6 month clothes and is wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes. The pants and shorts are still big, but we're getting close. (These pics are about a month old so double the size and chunk and you'll get the picture.)
In other Luke news... we're working on getting him to sleep more at night. He's on a pretty consistent 3-hour schedule and that seems to continue through the night. I'm not the hugest fan of little sleep and even less of a fan of that little sleep being broken up into 2 and a half hour periods. So Sunday night we decided to bite the bit and let him "cry it out". The past two nights have been very long but with very little sleep. He's been waking up between 3am and 4am and then crying/screaming for about 2-3 hours on and off, but mostly on, until I finally decide that it's close enough to morning to wake-up and feed him. I'm really hoping that tonight is going to be better, I could really use a good night of sleep. Jeff and I were (he still is) trying to watch a movie, but within about 5 minutes I was falling asleep and gave up watching it so that I could update all of you. It was pretty slow and boring but he seems to be into it, not my kind of movie. I guess if I had been more awake and following it it might have seemed better to me, but well, it just wasn't happening for me tonight.

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I am in love with your kids... those pictures are too cute! I love the one of Noah digging into the cheesecake... he is so focused. Thanks for the chick-fil-a plug... haha. And you and jeff looked especially good in those cow masks :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic posting! Thanks for all the updates :) You make a great cow family! Big hugs - lee

Anonymous said...

Team Canada!?!?

What are you nuts!

Anonymous said...

um, i am so annoyed that you didn't share the news about the cheesecake factory. how dare you deny your friends that cheap goodness!