Monday, April 07, 2008

Week 29 - Only 11 More To Go...

So I only have a couple more weeks left until I'm officially into count down mode - single didgets baby. It's seems to be taking so long for the end to come, but I know that the next few weeks are going to fly by and I'm totally going to be caught unprepared. For some reason when I think that there are only 11 weeks left it doesn't seem like that long, but then I think, wow, it's still three more months, that like a third of the pregnancy left to go, oh crap. So I'm a little less than three months left, but it still feels like I've just started the last trimester. And if this one goes anything as slow as the first I'm doomed. Hopefully it'll go by quickly just because I'm totally getting ready to be done already. This pregnancy (almost positively our last) has definitely been the hardest. Now that's not so suprising since I have two other kids to take care of full time now that I didn't in the past, but it still has been harder in that I've had a cold (a really bad one) for the past 4 months now. Being pregnant or having an unending cold by themselves is bad enough, but the combined effect is really draining.

Enough with the whining... there has been some good things, or at least some things that I'm trying to think of as good. I love feeling the baby kick and watching my stomach shift and move as the baby does, it's so cool to me. A little freaky at times when something seems to be sticking out way to far or it seems like the baby wants to escape from my bellybutton, but cool none the less. Also, I've gotten to have a ton of ultrasounds with this baby. I just had my 5th ultrasound on Friday. The reason for the ultrasounds isn't so fun, but getting to see the baby inside is way cool. Every time I go I'm just blown away that they can see inside of me, and not only inside of me, but inside of the baby too. It's amazing what technology can do. Anyways, I can't remember if I've mentioned the reason for all the ultrasounds or not before, so I will now. At our 2nd ultrasound (around 18 weeks, the big anatomy scan) the baby was really uncooperative with giving the technician a clear view of the heart so we had to go back and get that re-checked just to make sure everything was good. But at the same time the baby also had Choroid Plexus Cysts in it's brain. They're not a huge thing in and of itself, but kind of a red flag for further checking and also to make sure that they go away. Well, at our 3rd ultrasound they still had not gone away so we had to go back again a few weeks later to make sure that they were gone by then. They were in fact gone at the 4th ultrasound but now the area in which the cysts had been were on the large side of normal (not necessarily a great thing, but still within the normal parameters) and to play it safe the tech made us come back a 5th time to double check that the area wasn't getting larger, but was either getting smaller or staying the same. So, this past Friday (our 5th ultrasound) we got the all clear from the doctors that our baby's brain looks good. I'm so glad to know that everything looks good now, but a little sad that most likely I won't get to see the baby again until it comes out. I lucked out with Noah and got to have an ultrasound right near the end because the doctor thought that I was measuring small, but this time everything looks to be on track (the baby is even measuring bigger than normal according to ultrasound number 4, boo hoo, I wanted a little baby this time) so most likely we're done. Oh well, at least it's not too much longer to wait and see what and how this baby is.

Well, I've babled on long enough now and the kids should be waking up from their naps at any moment so I don't have much peace and quiet left for a long time today so I'll post my pics and be done with it. Enjoy!

Current Belly...
Noah Belly...

Sydney Belly...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful.
Love you.
Dubba

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much you look like momma in the newest pic. Truly beautiful, I guess I'm a litle biased. Love to the kiddies
Daddy

Anonymous said...

you are so great about taking pictures of yourself every week. i still have yet to take ONE!! :) can't wait to meet Thompson baby #3!

Anonymous said...

a lovely record of pics - you look best of all this time round :)
hugs - lee

Anonymous said...

You look amazing.. hardly pregnant at all! Good news about the ultrasound this last time. Any names?