Friday, April 13, 2007

Update On My Cousin...

So yesterday I blogged about my cousin who was and still is in serious need of prayer. I have heard a little more about what happened and how he's doing so I'll let you in so you can continue to pray for him.

We found out that it wasn't that they didn't find him for two hours like we previously thought, it just took over two hours to get him out of his SUV. The EMT's said that they thought he was in a small sports car by the sight of the accident and were totally shocked to discover that he was driving an SUV.

He had his first of many surgeries yesterday and in it they set the arm and leg bones putting multiple rods, plates and screws in to piece them all back together and they also were able to regain circulation in both his left hand and left foot. We didn't find out until after the surgery that the doctors thought that they might have to remove his hand and foot because they had been without blood for so long, but by the end of the surgery they were warming up and getting pink so it's looking good in that area. Like I said, all they were able to do in this surgery was his arm and leg, he still has multiple other breaks and fractures, including some in his skull, that they will have to work on in later surgeries.

Some pretty serious things that really need prayer right now are that he has a small amount of spinal fluid leaking from his ear. The doctor says that it's such a small amount that they aren't going to do anything about it right now, just watch it and hope it gets better on its own. If it doesn't or if it gets worse, they'll have to do something about it. He also has some fluid in his abdomen that they are not quite sure where it's coming from but again they think that it should be okay and deal with itself. If it doesn't then they will have to do exploratory surgery to try and find and correct the problem.

He will probably be going back in to surgery again on Sunday or something like that for his next of many surgeries over the next month or two.

Please keep him and his family in your prayers. So far he is do much better than all of the doctors expected and it is a miracle just that he is alive. Thanks for joining us in prayer. I'll continue to update about his condition as I get more info. You can also check Patti's blog, which her husband has been updating while she is up in Kamloops with her brother, for more updates and info on what is happening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are PRAYING for your whole family and for Chris and his wife. Thank you God for the many miracles already.

love Amber

Brianna said...

I am definitly praying for him

Also I made a blog.. its http://breezybee.blogspot.com/
I added you on to mine :) so that i remember to check your more often hehe

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about this - what a relief to you all that he's alive and getting fixed - thank You Lord.
hugs - lee