Thursday, April 12, 2007
Potty Training: Day 3
I never thought that I would be thankful that pee is yellow. Okay, well I never really thought about the fact that pee is yellow, expect for when I noticed that after I take a Vitamin B Complex pill it's almost glow in the dark. Sorry, to much info, I know. Anyways, Sydney has a huge fascination with the color yellow. Everything that she likes is "yellow" - Publix (they have cookies and yellow carts so any time I tell her we're going shopping she wants to go to the "yellow" store), hair elastics, all crayons and coloring things, colors in general, and a ton of other things that my brain doesn't want to think of right now. But when she discovered that pee is yellow, that was it, something in her brain clicked and she decided that she wanted to pee in the potty and go "yellow". So day 3 was much, much better than days 1 and 2. It started off not looking so good, 2 accidents within the first hour or so, but then all of the sudden things worked out right and she went pee on the potty and the discovery happened. From then everything change. She was so excited to get to go to the potty all the time. I ended up taking her every 30 minutes and almost every time she went, even a little and the times that she didn't go you could see her try and try and she kept saying "yellow, yellow". She even went poo. Now if you're not a parent and haven't potty trained a kid before, this has probably been the most boring series of posts that you've ever read, but well, it's super exciting for me and our family, so you'll just have to get over it. But ever since around 9:30 or 10:00 am yesterday Sydney has kept her panties dry, even right through a three hour nap. She's doing so awesome it's amazing. I still have to tell her every 30 minutes to go to the potty, but the fact that she's doing it and keeping her panties dry is so awesome. Hopefully soon we'll be able to stretch the time out between trips to the bathroom and maybe even one day go out somewhere for more than half an hour. She does so good knows all the steps from pulling down her panties to finishing off with emptying her little potty into the big toilet and flushing the toilet and washing her hands. She does everything herself except sometimes has a little trouble pulling her panties and pants back up. Oh yeah, she gets to wear pants again. For the past couple days she hasn't got to because she kept peeing, bu now that she is keeping dry she gets to wear clothes. Yeah. Anyways, I'm just so proud of her and hope that she keeps doing so well. I can't believe she's not a little baby in any way anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment