I discovered recently that I'm really going to have to start watching what I say and what I listen to and watch. I was driving to a store and listening to a local radio station that often has commercials for some risque businesses. So as one of these commercials come on I "turn off" and ignore it, but not Sydney. A few seconds after the spot finishes, I hear from the back "Ch-tah, ch-tah" Yup, Cheetah's is the name of a local "Gentleman's Club" or whatever "politically correct" name they have for those places. Of all the words for her to pick up off the radio I guess that it's not that terrible when it's not in context, but still, when you realize what word she was saying and where she learned it, it's a little wrong. I think it is her first real animal name as well, usually she just makes the sound of the animal for it, i.e. Dog = Woof, woof; Cat = Meow; Horse = Neigh etc. Hopefully it won't become her new favorite word or something, I haven't heard it lately, so there's a chance.
Sydney also started saying a new name, one of her friends names to be exact. It's the first name other than Mommy, Daddy and Duhduh (Bubba/Noah) that she's said, and now it's all I hear, "Leigh, Leigh, Leigh". We were driving in the car yesterday and she kept asking for Leigh and wanting to play with her. No matter how many times I tried to explain to her that we'll get to see her today at church, she just kept asking. It was really cute at first, but quickly became rather annoying when she wouldn't listen and understand what we were telling her.
The last story that I'll end with now is one that has been going on for a while. I think I may have even blogged about it in the past, but well, it's happening again and this time I'm going to do something about it. So what is it? Sydney has started taking off her pajamas and diaper when she goes to bed. After two nights in a row of taking it off and peeing all over her bed I finally started checking on her before I went to sleep to make sure she was still fully clothed. The first night I check she was completely naked under her blank and I had to find a new diaper and put her pajamas back on. Thankfully she hadn't peed yet so I didn't have to change her sheets. The next couple nights she still had her pajamas and diaper on, but things progressed to nap time instead. The other day when I went to get her up from her nap I heard her calling for help. Usually she just calls for Mommy, so I was a little concerned why she wanted help. When I opened the door she was laying on her bed with a clean diaper under her butt and the front pulled up but she couldn't get the diaper done up. She had almost completely changed her own diaper. Wipes were everywhere and her dirty diaper was in the diaper pail, but she couldn't quite finish it off. So I guess that she's more than ready for potty training. I'm so not looking forward to this, but starting tomorrow she's going to be wearing "big girl underwear" and wearing pull-ups only at night. I was planning on waiting until after our big trip to Disney in a month, but well, she's already well passed being ready and Jeff told me that I was just being selfish in not helping her learn a new skill, and ya, I was, so now I get to teach her tomorrow. If you have any advice in how to make this work, I'd love to hear it. But let me know soon because, well, I'm starting tomorrow.
Well, I hope you have a great Easter. We're off to do an Easter Egg Hunt as soon as the kids wake up from their naps.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment