Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Potty Training: Day 1

So we made it through our first day of potty training. I'm not fully sure who's being trained or what training is occurring but I don't think that the whole Sydney sitting on the potty to pee is. More likely it's that I'm learning how to clean pee out of any and every surface - tile, laminate, couch, blanket, sheet, pillow, clothes, etc. A few quick stats to help you understand how pathetic our first attempt at potty training was:

11 1/2 - the number of hours we spent working on potty training (3 of them were spent having a nap so it was more like 8 1/2)
3 1/2 - the number of juice cups we went through in the first couple hours (I think it totaled around 5 for the whole day)
16 - the number of pairs of panties that we went through
2 - the number of times I had to wash her underwear because we kept running out
0 - the number of times Sydney actually peed on the potty
30 seconds - the shortest amount of time between when she got off sitting on the potty (without peeing of course) to when she peed her pants, again
2 - the number of times I changed her sheets after she peed all over them
2 - the number of shirts we had to change because the pee some how ended up on them
1 (but should have been a bunch more, gross I know) - the number of baths she had
too many to count - the amount of times we did "dry panty" checks and unsuccessful trips to the bathroom
0 (thankfully) - the number of times she had "poopy panties" (she must have been saving it all up for the one massively disgusting pull-up this morning)
next to nothing - the amount of stuff I was able to accomplish between unsuccessful trips to the potty
who knows - the next time that I'll be able to leave the house because Syd has finally figured this whole potty training thing out

So that was yesterday. and I'm really, really hoping that today is even a little more successful. We haven't been drinking as much today (only 2 cups before nap time instead of 3 1/2) and so far we've only had to change panties 3 times, so it's a little better. But not because Sydney actually peed in the potty, only because she hasn't peed as much. So please pray for us and that I don't go insane. And please, any advice on how to make the whole thing sink in for Sydney would be great!

No comments: