So here I sit, two minutes before ten on Sunday morning, and not exactly in the location that I'd like to be. Where would I like to be? Church. But yet again my kids are sick. I figure it's just one of the small downsides of letting your kids fraternize with other children, but with the upsides being so positive, I'll take the odd sick day. Although they seem to be quite frequent lately, it's probably just the time of year when viruses are almost as abundant as the number of children that come into contact with your kids. And you can't keep your kids covered in antibacterial gel, sliming their way around the nursery so I guess it's just another part of life when you're a mom.

But now for the happy and exciting news (at least to me)... I did it! As of Friday, the 4 month mark, I lost all of my pregnancy weight and even one additional pound! I can't believe I've actually shed all the extra baby weight already. With Sydney it took just over 6 months and I figured that it would probably take about the same amount of time this time. But nope, it's all gone. Now I just have to work on the additional twenty pounds that I put on in the year and half or so between getting married and getting pregnant with Sydney. But hey, look at the positive, I've already started on that, one pound down, nineteen to go. My goal has always been to at least get rid of all the baby weight between pregnancies. There was nothing I wanted less than to start the next pregnancy with weight from my previous one still hanging around. So far I've been successful and as long as I don't gain any weight in the next few months before we start again, I should be able to do it.

I think Noah has been helping me lose the weight a little quicker than I expected. I took him for his 4-month check-up on Friday and well, he's basically a giant. He now weighs 20 pounds, 5 ounces and is 26.5 inches long. Sydney was almost nine months old before she hit the 20 pound mark. I also had to switch Sydney into a bigger car seat so that Noah could have hers. He's already outgrown his baby carrier

car seat which is so very frustrating! He can't sit up by himself yet (not to surprising since most kids don't sit by themselves for a few more months) so when I take him to go food shopping or something, I have to strap him into the snugli and practically break my back because he can't sit in the little seat thing in the front. Then there's also the problem that Sydney is already sitting there, so I'm not quite sure what's going to happen when he is ready to sit by himself but has nowhere to sit. Problems for another day.
4 comments:
Wow - well done and huge congratulations! Running around after 2 little people and lifting Noah might have something to do with it - your own home gym!
Lovely photos - thanks a bunch.
Hope the kids are soon well again - poor little things (and poor parents!) Big hugs to you all, tons of luv, lee
He is sooooo cute!!
Come visit.
Love Matt & Carissa
Hey Char,
That's awesome.
Noah is so cute.
I agree with Matt and Carissa
Come visit.
I know, I know...we should come visit you, too.
I love you lots,
Dubbuh
Hi Charlene,
I can't believe how adorable your children are!! Janelle was telling me about how cute they are and now I finally got on your blog to see. What a treat to get updated on your life there in Florida!!
Blessings on you and your little family.
Love,
Cara Lee
Post a Comment