Saturday, September 02, 2006

Yeah, Both Kids Are Sleeping At The Same Time...

I wrote this blog yesterday afternoon and just after starting I got interrupted by a sweaty and smelly Jeff who wanted me to shave his head so that he could take a shower, rather than taking a shower then and then later that evening when the kids were in bed shave his head and have another shower. So I somewhat grudgingly finished my thought and went and shaved his head with the intention of returning to my posting and finishing it off. But, lo and behold, Sydney woke-up while I was just finishing shaving Jeff's head so I didn't get to come back and finish the blog. It was so sad because I had a bunch of other things that I wanted to say, and well, I've forgot them all now. So I figured that I'd post what I had written yesterday today so that it wouldn't go to waste. So here it is...

This doesn't seem to happen all that often recently, so now that it is, I'm taking the chance to spend a few minutes with you. Feel special, there are a ton of other things that I really need to get done and have been meaning to for the past, well, embarrassingly enough, the past month or so, but I'm spending my time with you. Not the best idea in the whole time management area, but a welcome relief from the daily tedium of child care. It's really not that bad, but the chance to sit here and get even a few thoughts out without being distracted by the kids is wonderful. Another thing that has been distracting me from timely updates was a certain obsession with a recently finished TV series. Jeff and I have spent probably close to the past month watching every episode of Alias, from the very first episode in season one, all the way to the finale in season five. Almost every day we watched at least one episode and often multiple because it was just that dang addicting. The first three seasons were great, full of twist and turns and a great story line, the fourth season kind of dropped the main story line and did a bunch of one off episodes that were good, but didn't pull you in like the first three, but we kept watching knowing that it was supposed to be a great show and we figured that it would get back to the main plot and answer some questions that were left unanswered (duh, or else the wouldn't have to answer them). Finally in the last few episodes of the last season they did get around to answering most of the questions, but I wasn't all that thrilled with the answers. I loved watching the whole series, but by the middle of the last season I was ready for it to be over. I wanted answers but also I wanted my time back. It was a great way to relax and have a little fun, but the minimum of time spent a day being one hour or so was really starting to wear on me. I wanted that time back to play with the kids and take care of the house. Although I will admit that today being the first day without a new episode to watch has left me feeling like something is missing. As Jeff and I sat down to eat lunch I was ready to watch and see what Sydney Bristow was up to today and whose butt she'd be kicking, but there are no more shows to watch, Alias as we know it is over, concluded, not coming back like almost every evil person in the show did. I almost feel as if there's a hole in my day now. I guess I just need to fill it with something a little more worthwhile and rewarding, like my kids and you! I'm really excited about the extra time I'll have, but a little concerned also that I'll end up wasting it on things like the new newspaper subscription we just got or something rather than doing the things like cleaning that I really should get done. Oh well, we'll just have to see how much self control I have, so far I'm not setting my sights too high.

No comments: