I took Noah to the Doctor's on Tuesday for his two-month check-up and he's doing great, but he's officially huge. He weighs 16 lbs 2 oz and is 24 1/4 inches long. The doctor was about to tell me something about diet for him when she realized that I'm nursing and that shut her up pretty quick. In one month he's gained about 3 lbs 3 oz, which I guess is more than expected, but hey, he's healthy. In weight he's supposedly greater than the 95% and in length somewhere around 80% and his head is tiny (he must have my tiny head, not Jeff's impressive cranium size like Sydney), only 15 1/2 inches and somewhere around the 25% mark. This doesn't really mean all that much, it's just a way to keep track and monitor his progress. But he's doing great. We also got a confirmation that the funky bump on his belly button is in fact an umbilical hernia and absolutely nothing to worry about. It should go away on it's own before he's two, but if not, we'll talk surgery then. For now it just looks a little funny and sounds really weird (you can hear all the grumbly stomach noises really well since his intestine are practically hanging out of his body). We have to keep our eye on it in case of strangulation of his intestines, but the probability of that is really, really small.
Oh, great news.... Noah (who last week moved to his own room and his new big crib) slept through the night last night... a whole eight hours! Since he moved to his own room, he's been sleeping about five to six hours, but last night other than a short crying spell, he slept until 7:00am. I was shocked when Jeff came in carrying him and asking if he needed to eat, I thought it was still in the middle of the night, not morning already. It was so wonderful. Now hopefully he'll continue with sleeping through the night and I'll be able to catch up on some missed sleep.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment