Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mom's Connection

I'm so excited, about a month ago I realized that I had a huge need for some new friends and relationships. Well, I didn't realize that only a month ago, but about a month ago I finally did something about it. I called Nancy, our Children's Department Director at church, and told her about an idea I had. She thought the idea was great and between the two of us we came up with a plan. So starting this Thursday we're having Mom's Connection at her home and I'll be hosting it. She'll be at work and not able to be there, but her home is perfect for getting people together. It has a great living room and a huge toy collection for the kids so that the Mom's will have a chance to get together and talk and build relationships while their kids have fun playing with other kids. Basically it's an open, casual play group type thing for Mom's of preschoolers and their kids so that, like the name, moms can connect and build relationships and friendships. So far I've heard a great response from everyone that I've talked to about it. They're all so excited and feel the same way that I do about wanting some place that they can get together with other moms and relax and have fun. So I'm being cautiously optimistic (cautiously because I really don't want to build it up so huge in my eyes that if only a few of the people who have said that they'd be there show up I won't be totally devastated), when I first started planning this, I just hoped that there would be even three or four people who would want to come, but I've had at least 10 people that I know say they're excited about coming, and well, there's a lot more moms that I just haven't had the chance to ask or don't know yet, so hopefully we'll have a great turn out. If you're in the Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens area or close enough that you'd drive, you're welcome to join us. Just let me know and I'll give you the details of the where and when. It will be a weekly thing, but it's not like you have to come every week, or even be totally on time and stay for the whole time, it's just a casual place for Mom's to connect. I'm so excited for the chance to meet new people and get to have actual adult conversation for a couple hours during the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so much fun, Char! I remember doing the same thing after I had my babies! It's so necessary for Mom's to get outside of their immediate worlds once in a while or elee it gets kinda small and suffocating. Good on ya, girl!