It hasn't been the happiest of weeks around the Thompson house lately. It all started last Friday or Saturday (my memory fails me yet again) when Sydney's nose started running. It was clear, so I wasn't too concerned and hoped for the best. Shortly after Noah's nose joined the race and then they both decided to take the whole thing up a notch and go green. Yup, a nice little snot fest around here. I didn't feel like making all the other moms at church mad at me by infecting their sweet little kids so I kept the kids home, hoping that this would be over soon and we'd be able to resurface. But no, the kids or the horrible bug they caught from who knows where had other plans. It takes a lot to make me mad, but this cold has done it. I've been so excited about our Mom's Connection thing that just started two weeks ago, and because of this cold I've only been able to go to the first one. I'm supposed to be hosting this thing, it sort of being my "baby", and then the kids get sick and I can't take them. AHHHHHHH! Okay, I feel a little better now, but not much. I was hoping that I'd be able to see the light of the world again (we've been pretty much stuck inside since last weekend) this Sunday at church, but again, it looks like Sydney has other ideas. Yesterday she woke-up with a pretty high fever. I've been pumping her full of Motrin and Tylenol (my Motrin ran out) and it goes down for a while, but as soon as the stuff runs out she's boiling again. So it looks like my hopes have been dashed yet again and it will be another week until I get to go to church. The bummer is that next week I'm in the nursery, so by the time I get to sick back in the service, it'll have been a month! I guess that's the life of a mother. It doesn't help my frustration that yesterday I got a killer sinus headache to join in with the kids. My throat had been hurting on and off for the past week, but yesterday I finally succumbed. I'm a little scared to take anything, because anything I take Noah will also get when I feed him, so I've just been trying to suck it up. I don't think I've been doing all that great, I get frustrated with Sydney really easily (whose getting frustrated just as easily because she's sick, it's a vicious cycle), I have no energy so nothing is getting done around the house and I'm moaning all the time about how horrible I feel. I really feel bad for Jeff right now, having to live with all the sickos. He's been doing pretty good though, only a bit of a sore throat, so here's praying that he doesn't get it too. I will let you in on how wonderful he is though. This morning he had to go and mail off some speakers that he sold on ebay and when he came home he brought me a bouquet of roses, just to tell me he loves me. Isn't he wonderful. He does that for me every once in a while when I'm not feeling good or have had a rough couple of days. I'm so lucky. Anyways, I just really hope that he makes it through tomorrow at least without getting sick so that he can sing. Oh, another reason that I'm mad that I'm missing church tomorrow is that Bobbie Michaels is going to be leading worship with Jeff and then sharing and stuff and I really wanted to see him do his thing, but no, yet again I have to miss out. I hate it when my kids are sick, for a few reasons: they feel horrible (unselfish reason), they look horrible (unselfish), they're cranky (selfish reason), there's a lot more temper tantrums thrown (selfish reason), they miss going to church and playing with friends (unselfish reason), I miss going to church (selfish reason), they get me sick too (selfish reason). Okay, I'm a little extra selfish when I'm sick, I guess I have to work on that.
Well, the sinus headache that I had yesterday never completely went away, but it did get better. But it's decided to make a comeback and my eyes are starting to get blurry, so I think this will be the end of my post, before my head explodes. So if you think of us, please pray for us to all get better quickly.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
our poor precious family - wish we could pop round and help - hope electronic hugs help a bit! luv, Lee
Post a Comment