Sunday, September 10, 2006

How To Have A Relaxing Sunday Morning...

Usually Sunday mornings are the most stressful of all mornings for me. I'm usually straining and stressing to get everyone dressed, fed, looking good, bags packed and out the door in time to make it to church in time to check the kids in to there classes and hopefully make it for the first song (doesn't happen very often lately sadly). But not today. I've discovered the secret to not stressing and having a relaxing Sunday morning... not going to church. Okay, so it's not that great of a solution, actually, it sucks, but it's what you get to do when your kids are sick. Poor Sydney and Noah have colds with the whole green snot thing going on. So far Noah's just congested, but Syd's got the full fledge green stuff. Hopefully they'll get over this fast because I hate not being able to do things that involve other kids so that we don't infect them, and story time starts this week at the library and I really want to take the kids, they love it.

Aren't kids supposed to be tired and sleep more and stuff when they're sick? Not mine, they're just crankier. I so wish that when Sydney is sick that she's sleep in in the morning, but no, not today, she was up almost 45 minutes earlier than normal and yesterday while she was napping, which on a normal day can be for up to 3 hours was barely an hour and a half. So with the lack of sleep, she was quite the crankpot and therefore she spent a lot of time in front of the TV because I just couldn't deal with all her constant whining and freaking out about wanting to watch. Usually I would limit the amount of TV and videos that she watches, but when she's sick I feel bad for her and I know that when I'm sick all I want to do is lounge around, so I let her.

Well, hopefully this cold will be over soon and hopefully the most Jeff and I will feel of it is the scratchy throats that we have now, and it won't progress any further. And I guess I'll just relish in my relaxing morning and how great it is to have a few moments to actually blog. Hope you don't have the relaxing Sunday morning that we're having, at least not for the same reasons.

No comments: