So here I sit, in front of my computer, almost falling asleep. You know that burning feeling you get in your eyes when they want to close and you almost have to prop them open, yup, that's the feeling I have right about now. It doesn't help that the rest of the house is actually quiet at the moment, no screaming children, no Little Einsteins DVD's playing, just wonderful, sleeping babies and daddies. Even my mom is in her room reading and quiet. It's so quiet that I can actually hear the mating call of the lizards outside (at least I think that's what it is), although the a/c unit just kicked in, so it's drowning out the lizards now. But still, you get the point, it's pretty quiet around here. Not for long I'm sure, but I figured I'd better take this moment to write
something here because I've been somewhat delinquent recently. I have a great reason, but still, I've heard a few mumblings of not having enough pics of Noah up for all to see, so I figured I'd add some more. (The screaming has started again, hopefully just a small bout of gas and Noah will quiet down again so I can finish.) Hopefully this blog won't be too disjointed, the lack of sleep affects my level of concentration and my writing ability (although, writing ability has never been my strong point, but it's even weaker now). So if nothing makes sense, pretend you're falling asleep while reading and maybe that will help it all come together. Ethier that or you'll be so confused that you'll give up reading and just look at the pictures. What ever the case, Noah's pretty cute eh?!
Well, everything has been going pretty good around here, so far Sydney is absolutely in love with her little brother. She is continually wanting to hold him and love on him. I'm still a little afraid that things may change in the next couple of days when my mom leaves and Sydney suddenly won't get half as much attention as she's been getting and will have to wait for things when I'm busying feeding or otherwise taking care of Noah, but hopefully she won't become crazy the moment my mom leaves. One can hope at least. I am scared about what life is going to be like once my mom leaves. I've become very dependent upon her while she's been here. I don't know how I'm going to function, but I guess I'll just have to do it. Other people have made it through two or more kids without their moms around full time before, so I guess I can too. I'll probably just be a little more sleep deprived and cranky, but hopefully Jeff will remember that I'm not going crazy on him or anything, just tired. And well, maybe my house won't be that clean (not much of a change since the first time almost anything has been cleaned in around a month was when my mom did it recently) and Jeff will have to go through all of his 50+ shirts (yeah, I'm not exaggerating) before he can get them washed, but we'll still live. It may be a tough little while, but if I keep telling myself enough that everything will be okay and that "this too shall pass" maybe I'll really believe it. I'm not looking forward to getting ready for church though and I'm not really sure that will change no matter how positive I try and be. Even with my Mom's help this morning, we were still a few minutes late, and well, I didn't even do anything to get Sydney ready, my mom took care of her. So what am I going to do when I have to do it all by my self next Sunday?! Hopefully we'll make it before worship finishes and hopefully I won't have to go straight to the nursery to hide so that I can feed Noah and then miss pretty much the whole service. Today I only got to be in for the worship, Noah decided it was time to eat as soon as the worship finished and the message was a little shorter today so I thought I was going to catch the last 15-20 minutes but I was wrong. Just as I was walking back into the auditorium from feeding Noah everyone started leaving so I just turned right around and went to get Sydney. I didn't get to hear one word of the message. Hopefully we'll get a schedule worked out for Noah so that I actually can be a part of the whole church service. A girl can dream, can't she?
I wanted to say a huge thanks to Penny Goeppner for putting a baby shower on for me yesterday. It was so wonderful, she did a great job and all the decorations and stuff were so cute. Thanks also to everyone who came and those who couldn't as well. I really appreciate all the amazing gifts and the friendships that I have with you. It's so wonderful to be blessed with such great friends. And now Noah won't have to be wearing pink - unless of course Jeff decides that some pink is okay in a boys wardrobe (after all, he has a pink shirt or two) but you better believe it'll be a "boys" pink shirt, not some girly shirt. Thanks also to everyone who has given me the stuff their boys have grown out of.Well, it's still quiet around here so I think I'm going to end this now and take this opportunity that rarely comes along to get a few other things done before I have two (or should I count Jeff as number three) babies hanging off me and taking up all my attention and patience.

No comments:
Post a Comment