So I was having this debate with Jeff and my mom this afternoon when I mentioned that I still hadn't posted a blog in the week since Noah's birth. Oh, by the way, if you haven't already heard.... we had a BOY!!!! Noah Jett, born 6:10pm June 13th, 7lbs 13 ozs, 21.5 inches and perfect in every way. Anyway, back to our debate. Jeff was saying that I was the worst Mom ever not having already posted about Noah, and he left me feeling pretty bad about being so neglectful. But then my mom chimed in saying that I was the best mom ever because I was spending all my time with my kids, not "wasting" my time with computer things... not that this is a waste of time. So you decide, good or bad?
Anyways, here's what you've all been waiting for, the first pictures of baby Noah on my blog.




We've been having such a great time with Noah. So far he's been really great, sleeping and eating well. Even Sydney has done amazing with him. Right from the first night he was home, she included him in her bedtime routine of goodnight kisses for every one around, totally unprompted. There are some definite signs of slight jealousy, but so far it's been so much better than I thought that it might be. She is always going up to him and saying "baby, baby" and loving on him. She's totally intrigued by him, it's so cute to watch. Hopefully it will stay this way and not change when my mom leaves and the level of attention she receives drops dramatically. But so far, so good.
So we're all going great. I'm healing really well, and as long as Noah keeps being nice with his sleeping, I won't be too sleep deprived, at least not beyond functional. My labor went pretty well, other than the fact that my epidural only really worked on half my body and I still felt everything on my one side, but at least one side felt good. Thankfully the really painful part didn't last too long because I went from like 4 centimeters to 9 centimeters pretty quickly. Then the last centimeter took less than half an hour and then it was time to start pushing. My doctor almost didn't make it in time. I had to stop pushing for like 10 minutes or longer so that I could give the doctor time to make it, and even then, they barely had time for the doctor to put on her gloves and scrubs and stuff and get the bed broken down before the baby came out. Looking back on it, it was fairly easy and I've already forgotten the pain (good thing or I'd never have another kid). What a surprise Noah gave us. We totally thought that he was going to be a girl and were ready for a girl, so when he came out and had a little extra between the legs we were shocked and so excited. Jeff was so cute to watch as he realized that he had a son, pumping his fist and shouting "it's a boy". It took me quite a while to really let it sink in and click in my brain that I had a son, always thinking that at any moment I was going to wake up and have to go through it all over again. It was really surreal and one of the most amazing moments of my life. So now here I sit one week after Noah's birth feeling like the most blessed person in the world. What an amazing life God has given me, an awesome husband, the cutest daughter in the world and now a son to get to know and love. Could life be any better?

4 comments:
We are soooo excited for you guys! What a perfect family you have.
We miss you!
-Carissa
BEST MOM EVER!
I've been waiting for pics, but totally understood why. A Boy! Congrats Char, He's gorgeous!
Love ya lots
Wow! Congrats! He's so cute! I read your blog aloud to Jon and we both chuckled - "it's a boy!"...that's classic!
My sister-in-law gave birth on June 11th (a total of 2 1/2 hours of labor and delivery - I hope mine will be like that!) to her 2nd girl Hannah-Lillie.
She and baby are doing well & her 1 1/2 year old is adjusting okay too with a new baby in the home. God will give you creative ideas to ensure Sydney is comforted and super-loved throughout the new change.
Can't wait to have a little one in the Elswick home! Until then...I will continue to enjoy your stories online and hands-on experience with my nieces!
You're in my prayers...
XOXO
I think your husband is probably such a great and caring guy that we just wants you to reach your full blogging potential as a woman and a mother. A man of such fantastic moral fiber should be rewarded with spontaneous chocloate mousse.
Post a Comment