Monday, May 01, 2006

More Belly Shots & Sydney Fun...

So here's the weekly update of my ever growing belly. Thankfully I don't have that much longer to go. It's starting to get really old and tiring and I'm about ready to be done, sadly there's still 6-7 weeks to go, but hopefully they'll go quickly like this past week did. At times I can't believe there's only 6-7 weeks left and I feel like I'm not ready for the reality check that's going to come with having a new baby in the house, but then again, are you ever ready for how much a baby can change your life in such a short period of time. Hopefully this time it won't be quite so crazy of an adjustment as when I had Sydney and going from no baby to having a baby. This time shouldn't be as hard because I've already lost pretty much all my "me time" and being selfish just isn't possible, at least not to the same extent, when you have a kid, so losing any remaining "me time" and any selfishness that has come back since Sydney was a new born and taking every ounce of my time and energy shouldn't be such a shock. But I'm totally looking forward to it. Not to mention being able to easily see my toes, paint my toe nails, put on shoes, bend over, get up, roll over, and the list goes on and on and on. But it's all worth it... it's all worth it... it's all worth it.... it's all worth it. I find that if I keep reminding myself it makes it easier, so bear with me. Well, enough of boring you, here are the pictures.

Current Belly...



















Sydney Belly....





















Sydney Fun...

So we started swimming lessons this morning. It's not so much of lessons, more just organized fun and playing. With today being the first day we didn't do a whole lot other than listen to the instructor talk and carry on and on and on until every last kid was skwirming around and couldn't sit still for a moment longer and then work on just being in the water and going from sitting on the side to jumping in the water, well, more like sliding into the water. The class has babies from 6 months to almost 3 years old, so it's very relaxed and more like playtime, but Sydney had a ton of fun. She got a little nervous when I would hold her on her back to float and didn't seem to like that too much, but she loved splashing and she was either trying to blow bubbles like she was supposed to, or trying to drink the entire pool. We had a great time and I love being in the water, I feel so much lighter and moving my huge prego body around isn't so hard and well, Sydney is so light in the water too, I wish she was like that all the time. Getting out reminded me instantly of her weight and I didn't want to leave the pool, but class was over and the instructor was getting everyone out. Over all Sydney had a great time and hopefully tomorrow will be just as fun and she'll learn something through all the classes. If not, at least so far and hopefully for the rest of the time, she'll have fun.

Other Sydney stories... she's teething still. She's breaking in her bottom molars. I couldn't figure out why she was being so cranky one day and kept pointing to her shelf. Finally I picked her up and asked her to show me what she wanted on the shelf and she grabbed the baby orajel. I didn't think she needed it, but thought maybe, just maybe she did, and well, when I went to put it on her gums I felt a new molar coming through. I felt bad that it had taken me so long to realize what she wanted when she was obviously hurting, but at least we figured it out. I can't believe she's smart enough to know that the orajel that we haven't used in almost a month is what she wanted and needed to feel better.

This Sunday after church she had another cute moment. We were walking outside from talking to Jeff (which she loved playing on the stage and with the drums with him, a born performer) and she started walking up to different people and wanting to shake their hands. I couldn't figure out what she was doing at first, but then realized and she was so funny about it. She would just walk up to people and hold out her hand and wait for them to take it and shake it. She did this to about 6 people and then started over again with the first person and did it over and over again until I made her leave so we could head home. She's a born greeter. Wow, she's going to be busy between being on stage and welcoming everyone in person when they enter... who knows what she'll end up doing, hopefully not some horrible job that used a combination of performing and greeting people like a politician. Ah, I can almost picture it and I really don't want that. Jeff may think it would be cool, he's always thinking that if he wasn't in the church thing that he'd be a politician or something, but no way, not my little girl, not if I have anything to do with it.

Well, Sydney's video just ended so my "me time" on the computer has also come to an end and this is it for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats a great picture of you Char! Sounds like Sydney is at a really fun age.

We miss you guys!

Love Carissa