Current Belly...

Sydney Belly...

So what's been happening in our lives in the past two weeks or so... well, not all that much, which is why I haven't blogged too much. Sydney just finished her two week Mom and Me swimming lessons. It wasn't really "swimming lessons" as much as playing in the water with Mommy and trying to learn how to blow bubbles. She really enjoyed the pool and I had a great time too. Man, I so wish that I was as light as I felt in the water and Sydney was too. It's so much easier (amazingly) to move my big, fat, pregnant body in the water than on dry land and carrying Sydney is so much better too. So it was fun, not all that much learning, but a lot of fun and a great time for Sydney and me to spend some time together before the new baby comes.
Jeff and I also went to Andrew and Lyndsey's wedding this past Sunday. It was a beautiful wedding in a gorgeous location on the intracoastal. It was really windy which made it a little hard, but made the hugest of differences in the temperature. I can't imagine being as prego as I am and having to sit out in the hot sun if there wasn't any wind, it made it actually bearable if not almost comfortable, which is saying a lot for a late spring outdoor wedding. We had a great time and Jeff sang "Your Beloved" during their communion time. He did an awesome job and reminded me of how proud I am to be his wife. Although, I'm reminded of that all the time, but it's extra special when he does it during a wedding. Andrew and Lyndsey looked great and they were both crying by the end of it, although it's quite possible that Lyndsey was crying before it even began (yes, they were tears of ha
ppiness, so wasn't forced into anything). It's so cool getting to watch a wedding that you know the two people are totally meant for each other. We've only known them for a short time, Andrew plays guitar for Jeff's worship team and Lyndsey is (from what I hear, I'm not actually in the office to realize it for myself) the best intern ever at the church. So Jeff knows them a little better than I do, but they're awesome people and hopefully we'll get more and more chance to get to know them better and become better friends with them outside of the church office. So we had a great time at the wedding, Jeff even stayed longer than his normal appearance at the reception because he was actually having a great time. And a huge thanks goes out to Rachel and Dion for watching Sydney for us. It was so strange being able to relax and not have to constantly be chasing a little kid around.So what else happened this week.... hmmm... oh big news.... we got the sprinkler system working and we didn't have to redo the well. It was so exciting the first morning that the sprinkler system came on by itself and the lawn is already starting to show some promise. Jeff talked to a really nice and helpful well guy one day and the guy explained how to acidize the well or something like that to clean any build up that was blocking the pipe and it worked. It was something that the guy could have come out and tried and would have cost us somewhere around $150 but by Jeff doing it himself it only cost around $20 for all the supplies. When the water started coming out like it was supposed to we just about started to cry thinking that we'd be saving around $1000 by not having to get a new well dug. That was an exciting day.
So I think that brings us up to today. I got to have another ultrasound this afternoon. The last doctor that I saw was slightly concerned about the my size, being that I'm measuring about two weeks behind where they expect me to be. He wanted to get an ultrasound just to make sure that the baby was growing properly, and it is. It's so funny how different doctors work and think. The doctor that I had seen at the appointment before was saying that it was great that I was measuring small (I've always measured small with this baby and the same thing with Sydney) and was nothing to worry about, but the last doctor was a little more concerned and wanted to make sure everything was okay. I really wasn't worried at all knowing that the baby had been moving a ton and how my history is, but I was excited that I'd get to see the baby again before I have it. It was so cool (like it is every time) getting to see the baby. It's so amazing how it all works, this little tiny thing growing inside of you - although, it doesn't feel so little and tiny with the amount of room the thing takes up - and that you can see it on a computer monitor. The baby looks so cute, just like Sydney did, pretty much an exact replica of Jeff. We got really lucky (shh... you didn't hear this) because the tech was able to do everything really quickly that she needed to, and then she let us get a quick look at the 3-d imaging of the baby's face. Wow, is that ever cool. I didn't get too good of a look from the position I was in, but Jeff was able to see the baby's face super clearly and said it was amazing and super cute. We left the place so excited and can't wait to get to meet the baby. I'm ready for it now and so is Jeff, but I think we might have a couple mad Mom's if I actually had the baby now and didn't wait until they come down. Just over a month now... not too much longer. As for the baby's size... the tech said it'll be around average. Not too big, not too small. Right now it weighs approximately 5 pounds 3 ounces and if they gain an average of half a pound or so a week, the puts the baby right around 7.5 pounds when it's due. That sounds like a good number to me, I like the idea of a smaller baby, not a 9 pounder or bigger like Jeff was. So everything looks great.
That about covers the everything since my last blog, so hopefully you're all caught up on everything and feel a little better and aren't worried (if you were for some reason) that something has gone wrong. Nope, nothing wrong, just me starting to feel completely exhausted and ready to be finished and have my body back to myself, sorta. Have a great day and hopefully next time you check back here I'll actually have posted another new blog and not make you wait quite as long.

2 comments:
a lovely blog - thank you. You're looking really radiant and lovely ... and I can't wait to be with you all (and that new cutie)
Luv, Lee
Thanks for posting those great pics of Andrew's and Lyndsey's wedding. I'm sad I missed it :(
Post a Comment