For all you other parents out there, you already know this, but it still amazes me all the time (and you I'm sure) how fast our kids grow up. Today we went to the library for story time. It was awesome. I didn't think that a story time for one-year-olds would turn out to be so great, but it really was. There were like 10 kids there and they were all having a great time, but I think Sydney wanted to steal the show. Any time that we were supposed to be sitting and listening to a story she wanted to go and get the horse puppet and play with it (we heard stories with horses in them today, monkeys next week, yeah!) or just stand in the middle of the rug that everyone was sitting around and block the view, at least she was quiet. Then during the songs we was dancing around like crazy, but then I guess, so was every other kid. Oh well, she had a great time and a ton of fun playing with the other kids. But I think her outgoing personality often scares other kids. She's totally not afraid to walk up to a totally strange kid and just get all up in their personal space and say hi again and again either till they say hi back or I pull her away feeling sorry for the child that is obviously scared to death of Sydney. But she's just so darn cute when she does it. She loves other kids, I often feel bad that I don't get her together with other kids more often, seeing how much she's been enjoying it lately, I'm really going to have to start working at getting her out with other kids more often. I'm planning on taking her to swimming lessons, but we'll just have to see if I can get myself into my new bathing suit and out into public. Anyways, she's growing up so fast, no longer just satisfied with playing by herself or Mommy, but wants other kids around. Then this afternoon we were playing in her bedroom after her nap and she started pulling the balls out of her ball pit. No this is nothing abnormal, but well, when I started realizing that she was making a concerted effort to just pull out the yellow balls, followed by just the blue balls, I realized again that she's growing up. She is actually starting to realize that there is a difference between the different color balls and well, with there being six different color balls to choose from, choosing just one color at a time really amazed me. I was just reading that that is something that a lot of kids start doing around 20 months, so I guess she's trying to bring herself back up to genius level (I've been thinking she's slipping because we've fallen back to normal levels with the whole talking and communicating bit) or something. Not even 16 months and already figuring things out that a 20 months old is just learning. I shouldn't be too surprised, look at her parents. Okay, just kidding, but still it's amazing how quickly she grows up. I'm glad that we're having a new baby shortly because she's definitely not much of a baby anymore. Man, what am I going to do when she really starts talking, then goes off to school, and on and on and on... ahhhh, I better not think about it too hard.
For those parents out there of toddlers, or people who just want to reminisce about when their kids were toddlers, you have to go to the library and pick up this book called "Love Me, Love You". I was going to write it all out, but I just realized that it's in Sydney's room right now and I don't feel like playing with fire and chancing waking her up. But it's so cute and reminds you to love and cherish all the crazy things that toddlers do that will drive you crazy if you let them, like drawing on the walls, putting oatmeal in their hair and stuff and also remind you of all the great things you get to do with them like having them take a nap in your lap. It's meant for little kids, but it will definitely touch your heart as you read it to your child. Very cute.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment