Monday, April 03, 2006

Pregnancy Induced Insanity...

Yesterday Jeff and I were working on getting the living, dining and kitchen and basically the main living area of our home ready to be painted. We're really excited about it because it's going to make such a huge difference to the feel of the house to have such a huge area painted and feeling clean. Is it just me or does new paint make everything feel cleaner? Anyways, a guy from the church is trying to raise some money for a mission trip to Costa Rica and is doing whatever he can to raise the money and we want to bless him (as if painting our house will some how bless him, but at least he'll get some money out of it) with some cash and well, what a great deal for us. Anyways, there is a ton of prep work to do to all the walls. The people who lived here before tried to "fix" some things around the house and so far we can't see how it made anything better, just caused more work for us. It would have been better had they left it they way it was and let us fix it, rather than fixing their mistakes, but well, it's too late for that. So we spent hours going over all the walls and putting patch and spackle everywhere trying to make them look half decent. There were a few really big problems that good-old-easy-to-use spackle wouldn't do for and we had to use joint compound. Wow, that stuff makes a huge mess when sanding it. I've come to find out now that I've finished sanding it down and making a disgusting mess that if you use a sponge sander (which I did) and get it wet (which I didn't) it cuts the amount of floor-like dust to a minimum. So this is where the pregnancy induced insanity begins. After finishing each wall or portion of wall I would sweep up as much of the dust as possible, but there was so stinking much and it was everywhere. By the end of it and couldn't handle it anymore. I started getting all jittery and antsy. I was freaking out over all the dust over everything. I had to clean every and right now. Every surface in the house had to be cleaned and I was in a panic about it. Poor Jeff couldn't figure out why I was rushing around like a lunatic trying to clean anything and everything. The stinking fans and a/c were spreading the dust even farther than the few feet that it would fall as it came off the wall and basically I couldn't do anything else but clean and felt like I was going insane with all the dirt everywhere. I didn't help that this intense cleaning feeling came on around 8:30 p.m. And I had already had a full day and was tired and hadn't eaten anything since lunch, so I'm sure that added to the shaky, crazy feeling. It was such a weird sensation and so hard to describe the intense need to clean. The only way I could describe it to Jeff was that it was the same as when around the same time in my pregnancy with Sydney I went on a cleaning tirade of our kitchen to try and get rid of the million or so gnats that seemed to have taken up residence (they were actually coming from the apartment next door that was left in horrific condition after the people were kicked out). I was nuts then and last night the exact same feelings came over me again. At least this time I knew what was going on and didn't just think I was crazy. At least most of my house got swept and the floors washed (wow, twice in one week, it's a new record for me since it was almost a month since the last time I had washed all the floors, ya, I know, yuck!) and all the toys got picked up and the kitchen cleaned. It still feels really dusty everywhere, more than the normal dusty, but well, we still have to wash the walls down because they're covered in dust and we still have more sanding to go, so I wasn't going to waste every last ounce of energy I had and it was already 11:00 p.m. when I finished what I had done and still needed a shower, so I had to stop. Thankfully this morning I didn't wake up with the same intense feeling, much more normal. Although I'm still grossed out by the living condition that we're in at the moment with all the dust everywhere and the walls in such a mess, but well, people do it for months and months when they're re-doing places, so I guess I can handle a couple days, hopefully. Although most people probably don't do it when they're pregnant and especially while going through the "nesting" phase. On the up side, I don't think my house has been this clean in a while and I'm sure Jeff loves it and is hoping that it's going to last a long time, and not be finished after last night. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Weekly Baby Belly Update....


So here are this weeks baby belly pictures. Sorry, don't look to closely at the pic, it's really not very good, but still it's a picture of the belly nonetheless.

Current Belly...



















Sydney's Belly...

No comments: