About a week ago it was my birthday, and because Jeff had to help with the Young Adults Fellowship on my birthday, we decided to celebrate it the following day. We didn't do anything really special, but it was just the two of us which we don't do nearly often enough. A wonderful family from the church took Sydney in for the evening and Jeff and I went off to dinner, followed by a walk on the beach and so shopping. I had forgotten what shopping was like without a little kid tagging along. We could actually look at stuff and not just run in and run out
before she either destroyed the store or us. It was so nice. We went to a book store to pick up a book for the Young Adults Fellowship thing and ended up spending close to an hour just looking at all the different books. Man, I could spend so much money on books, it reminded me how much I need to hit the local library and pick up a few new books. I didn't buy any books for me (I'm too cheap to pay $15 or more for a book that I'll only read once) but Jeff got the book he needed and I bought 3 "Little Critters" books for Sydney. She absolutely loves reading, we'll spend at least half an hour every day reading and I'll often find her in her room looking at all her books with them piled all over the floor. We also went to Ross and T.J. Maxx and found Jeff a shirt and Sydney this super cool shopping cart that she just loves. It's great, she pulls it all over the house and has a ton of fun throwing the food in and out. Ya, more toys to clean up every night, but she has a good time with it and it was cheap, so I won't complain too much. But we had an awesome night and it reminded us that we really need to try to get out more, just the two of us, especially before the next baby comes and it's even harder to find people willing to take care of our kids for free.As for the new baby, here it is, the weekly Baby Belly Update... enjoy. (You can also sorta see the new paint color we just got done in the background. We love it, but still need to paint the beautiful peach trim a bright white to finish it off)
Current Belly...

Sydney Belly...

2 comments:
That baby belly is looking great! Glad to hear that you and Jeff had a fun time together for your birthday. And really glad to hear that all my teaching and training was forgotten and thrown out the window so quickly. Parenthood is a constant learning experience. Just when you think you have conquered one situation something completely new pops up. Keep your sense of humour, it will save you lots of tears. (see if you can remember that one :)) Love from Mom
Hey, I didn't forget it, my no was still a no, it's just that Jeff's answer was yes so I just kinda warped the whole concept. I know, still no good.
Post a Comment