Monday, March 27, 2006
Cute Sydney Story...
So like most Mondays, today was my shopping day. I had three different stores to hit and wasn't totally looking forward to it. Sydney is usually in a decent mode during shopping, as long as you don't stop the shopping cart long enough for her to realize that you've stopped. So I was a little concerned when I headed into target to get a few things and one of the things on my list was a new shopping list. You know the kind with a magnet on the back so that you can stick it to your fridge and write on it at any time and always know where it is. I knew that I'd have to look at least a little to find one because I'd never bought one at Target before but I knew they must have one some where. They were pretty hard to find at first, but after a few minutes I found some. Then came the scary part, actually deciding which one to buy. I'm probably one of the most indecisive people you've ever met, so trying to decide on which pattern to buy is really challenging to me. Sydney had been whining a bit a few minutes before while I was looking for boxers for Jeff so I had put the diaper bag in the shopping cart with her (ya, I'm one of those "bad" parents who don't strap their kid into the seat but let them sit in the basket part) and had forgotten that my cell phone was in there. Of course it was the first thing she found. So while I was trying to pick out which pattern I liked the best, I suddenly notice that there's a quiet hum coming from the shopping cart that sounds a lot like Jeff and a lot of loud laughing and "daddy"-ing coming from the cart as well. I couldn't quite figure it out at first, then I realized that maybe Sydney had called Jeff on his cell phone at work and was talking to him and low and behold she was. It was amazing! I took the phone from her trying to figure out what was going on and there was Jeff talking away to Sydney. He was totally shocked and having a great time with it, especially after finding out that I had no idea that she had just called him. It was the cutest moment ever and Sydney was very sad when she had to say good-bye to Daddy and hang up the phone because Daddy had to go back to work, but wow, how cute. Jeff even called again later and you could her him just beaming when he told me how special and fun his little "phone call" from Sydney was. Awwww, aren't kids cute. I guess I also need to be really happy that she didn't call some crazy number and charge me tons of money. I should also let you know before you start thinking she's some sort of savant or something that all she has to do to call Jeff (usually) is press one button twice because he's almost always the last person who called me. That said, if you call me on my cell, be prepared that you might just get a babbling baby calling you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment