Monday, March 27, 2006
Baby Names...
Everyone is always asking us what names we're planning on naming our baby, so I decided that I'd let you all in on what we're thinking. You have to know ahead of time though that these names may not be the final name the baby is called. With Sydney, Jeff and I had planned on a couple different names and had them all ready for 8 1/2 months when 2 weeks before I was due he sprung a surprise change of girls names on me and said that that's what it was going to be. I didn't really have much choice and now I'm super glad that we went with Sydney Faith because it just seems so perfect for her. So much better than "Mahayla Faith" or "Faith Mahayla" that we were thinking of. If she had been a boy we were thinking of "Robbie Jett". But, well, she wasn't a boy obviously. So on to this baby's name.... if it's a boy we're thinking of "Noah Jett" (ya, still liking the "Jett" part) and if it's a girl then most likely it will be "Kaia Grace" pronounced "K-eye-a" not Kia as in the car. A strong "I" or whatever. Jeff's not so sure about the "Grace" part, but I really like it. Every time he hears "Grace" he thinks of the many different maids he had in South Africa with that name, but I'm sure he'll come around to it. If I have any say in naming this baby then it will be "Kaia Grace" but well, I thought I was going to have some say in naming Sydney, and that didn't happen. So there you have it, the possible names of our future child. Don't you just feel so informed now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Many different maids named Grace??? Maybe I should put his memory straight ... neither many nor Graces! However, Grace was a common name for African ladies, (so it could easily seem we had some too to him) as were such lovely other names as Patience, Beauty, Precious, etc. I think mothers gave their children both colloquial and English names as they knew we'd have difficulty with their real names in years past.
Having the occasional maid was always a dilemma - I always found it terribly awkward to have one but they resent one not having one and not providing employment. Thankfully the few times I tried there were reasons for it to end, such as our moving or something. One was ultra bossy to the kids when they were small, another was a cleptomaniac or something and swiped an unbelievable amount of stuff, whilst another was a pathological liar and broke stuff constantly ... and so it went. The clepto one would take the kids candy and toys, drapes from the cupboard, clothes from the ironing basket, and goodness knows what else. Very awkward! Other people had wonderful maids who just about became part of their family, but that was not our lot in life. But I don't think it would ever have been as I like running my own home (untidy and all) and always felt strange having someone else doing it. But as for the name Grace - when I was 12 I wanted to change my name to Grace as I just loved that name ... Dad even took me seriously and stencilled it onto my holiday suitcase. But alas, no one else did as I was at the age of being like a big puppy - all long legs and misjudgement ... I'd walk into doors and plonk on couches sending them zooting into the wall, or miss chairs and land on the floor, or kick anything obviously in the way (to eveyone else!) and cut my toes ... and so the name never stuck. And now of course, I like being me!
I think Kaia Grace is beautiful.
Debbie
Charlene!
My brother's daughter (my niece) is named "Kaila Grace" - so pretty!
I love the Grace part...
XOXO
Post a Comment