Friday, January 20, 2006

New Baby Pics...



















So we had our second ultrasound today. It was so different from when we had our "big one" with Sydney. In Texas we had an actual doctor (rather than a technician like here) perform the ultrasound and because he was teaching a student he did a lot of talking and explaining everything to us and the student. So we came away from that ultrasound actually feeling like we saw something and learnt something. But today was a little different. Like I said, we had a technician doing the ultrasound and they can't really say anything about it at all because they're not a doctor. The technician also didn't show us anything until the very end, and then only for about a minute. In Texas we got a full 30 minute show (along with video to take home) and here a lousy minute with 4 small, barely clear pictures. It didn't help because we brought Sydney and she's been going through some crazy stuff lately (crying for no reason, problems sleeping, etc.) and screamed for the entire time that we were there. And no, we don't know the sex so don't ask. Because of the babies size and position the technician had a hard time checking the heart fully, so I'll get to go back in two weeks for another ultrasound to fully check that out. I don't mind at all though because I love getting the chance to see the baby while it's still in my tummy. This baby may end up having as many or more pictures from "in the tummy" than Sydney did, and I thought she had a lot!

In Other News...

Sydney and I have been sick for almost two weeks now. It's driving me crazy!!!!! Basically it's only a cough, but a horrible one. Poor Jeff has been getting almost as bad of sleep as me as I keep him up all night with my coughing. I've also been completely wasted (tired, not drunk okay) but I can't quite tell if that's because of being sick or pregnant, but I'm guessing a good combination of them both. Also, Sydney has been having a ton of problems sleeping. That's also adding to my tiredness. She has been crying (the blood-curdling kind) before she goes to sleep for like half and hour almost every night even though she is so tired. Then she often either wakes up early or in the middle of the night and is up for like 1 to 2 hours. Basically she's been getting less sleep than normal and being sick, I'd think it would be the opposite, but it's not. She also had a couple night where sleep just wasn't happening at her normal bed time. After an hour of more of screaming I'd get her up and then we'd sit and do anything for another hour or so before we went back to screaming when I put her to bed. It's been driving me crazy. I don't really know what her problem is, there's always the possibility of separation anxiety, from what I've read it can kick in around now, and that seems to make some sense, but I'm not sure if that's it for sure or not.

Other than that Sydney has been doing great. Still only has four half teeth but she's getting pretty good at eating and chewing with them. She also getting a lot better at "helping" and following directions. I've been getting her to pick up dish towels and stuff that she's pulled off the oven handle so that I can put them in the wash and I've been asking her to take stuff to Jeff and she's actually been following through with what I ask. It's so cool watching her grow and start to understand stuff. This morning when I was getting her dressed I asked her to pick a pair of socks to wear from her basket, without signaling anything or anything, and she went and did just that and brought the socks to me to put on. It's amazing seeing her grow and change and mature. I've also recently bought her some crayons and coloring books and she loves "coloring" them. It's more like flipping through the pages of the coloring book and then taking the crayons in and out of the container, but every once and a while a crayon comes in contact with the paper. It's so cute watching her. Jeff and I (okay, mostly Jeff) have been working on leveling out an area for a shed to go, and we just finished a wood frame and started filling the area with sand and Sydney was having the greatest time playing in the sand and dirt. She's definitely not a "girly girl" so far, other than the fact that she loves purses, shoes and "pretties" (old wrist bands and stuff of mine that I've given her to wear). She totally loves playing outside with rocks, dirt and sand. We're going to have to get her a sand box to play in soon after watching her today in the leveling sand.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I'm thinking of heading to bed pretty quickly (it's only 9:30 but nothing else sounds like a better idea) so I guess I should end now. He, he, he... I just felt the baby kicking and moving. It so doesn't get old. Although the other "fun" parts of being pregnant like peeing every 4 minutes sure are and I'm not even half way yet!

No comments: