So I got a call from my mom yesterday and she related to me a story of something that happened recently. I knew that I was getting behind on blogging, but I didn't realize people noticed so much. She told me about how my cousin had just called her a couple hours earlier to make sure that Jeff and Sydney and I were okay because neither Jeff nor I had written anything on our blogs in a long time. I knew people read our blogs, but that someone actually thought something might be wrong made me realize that I need to keep up with my blogs a little better. So here I am. Sorry I haven't been so good at keeping everything up to date, hopefully this will be the beginning of a new trend to stay current. I guess it's not a new trend, more like a restart or something.
So what's happened in the last, hmm, almost two weeks? Well, I guess my "furlough" from blogging began about the same time that Jeff's Dad came in to town for the weekend. We had an awesome time with him, showing him around town, going to Lion Country Safari (where he was shocked to see all the animals that he'd seen in Africa up so close and personal and loved feeding the Giraffes - something he couldn't even do in Africa), going to the beach where he actually went swimming (I could barely put my feet in the water it seemed so cold to me) and basically just having a great time. I will admit that it was nice to have some one else here to watch Sydney and have a chance to relax even when Jeff was doing something else. We had a great time together and were sad to have to say good-bye but even the few days were great.
Hmmm, what else has been happening. Sydney has been driving us crazy with her messed up sleep patterns. She was doing really good for a few days, sleeping in nicely and going to bed when she's supposed to, of course those were Jeff's mornings to get up with her. Then the weekend came and along with it my turn to get up with Sydney. And that's when the problems began. She decided to get up at something like 6:30 on Saturday over an hour earlier than normal. Then when I thought it couldn't get any worse Sunday came around with a 5:30 wake-up call from her. Since then I don't think she's made it much past 6:30, even if we keep her up an hour or more later than normal, don't let her sleep as long during the day or anything. All that happens is that she gets grumpier and grumpier. I can't figure out what to do with her. After an early morning this morning, Jeff came in an hour earlier than normal to wake me up and "take the second shift" so that he could go back to sleep for half an hour before he headed off to a dentist appointment and then work. I feel bad for him having to get up so early with Sydney and then go to work and everything, but I really like sleeping in. Is that a crime? I guess I couldn't exactly go to jail for it, but it is a little selfish. I told him this morning that if he really wants me to take "the early shift" now and then to just tell me, but I was regretting it as it came out my mouth. Of course I'll still do it, but I'll have to try really hard not to do it begrudgingly. She's also started throwing temper tantrums - the whole thing with flailing legs and arms and shrieking cries. It drives me crazy and usually involves the fact that she wants to watch one of her three baby videos. I think I watched all of them a couple times today.
As far as the pregnancy goes everything is going great. We got the results from an amniocentesis that I had done a couple weeks ago back yesterday and everything is perfect. And no, we don't know the sex of the baby. They had found a couple things on the ultrasound that made them want to do some further testing but all those test came back negative or positive or whatever the "happy" one is. We still have to go back for another ultrasound in a couple weeks just to make sure the things they had seen are no longer there and to check the heart out because the position the baby was in for both our previous ultrasounds made it so they couldn't check it out properly. But we're very positive about the whole pregnancy. The only concern we have right now is that we have a strong feeling it's going to be a girl and so will the next one (we're planning on three kids, so there will be one more to come after this one) and that we'll end up with three girls. Jeff is only "slightly" terrified of this happening and what his future will entail if it does, but it says somewhere in the Bible that God won't let you go through anything you can't handle, right? We really don't care if it's a boy or girl, we just want a healthy baby. Although a boy would be nice because we already have a name all picked out, but are stuggling to come to common ground on a girls name. I've basically given up because I'm afraid that what happened with naming Sydney will happen with the next girl. Jeff and I had decided on two names, we just couldn't decide the order of the names for almost the whole pregnancy. That is until about two weeks before Sydney was born when one night he came to me and told me what her name was going to be, I didn't have much choice on the matter, whether I could pronounce the name or not. It took me a few days to even learn how to pronounce Sydney, then I still hadn't really agreed until I had seen her and then decided it fit perfectly. So that's why I haven't really even thought about names much, I figure Jeff is just going to tell me what it's going to be a few weeks before the baby is born.
Well, if you haven't already figured out, my mind isn't fully on blogging right now. I'm trying to watch E.R. (ya, I'm still a fan, I know, it's pathetic) and I can't really concentrate on what I'm writing. I'm sure I'll read this later and wonder what the heck I was talking about because it makes no sense to even me. So I'll be ending here and hopefully be writing again soon.
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YAY she's back. You bring excitment to our long days at work....not that i read these at work ;)
Love ya!
Carissa
Hey Char,
Nice to hear that all is going well - except maybe for the sleeping thing. That sucks!
Love ya,
Patti
Hey Char,
Great to hear how things are going.
We love you lots,
Denver and Debbie
Post a Comment