Friday, January 13, 2006
I'm Bored....
Now, read the title again, adding a whinny, drive-your-husband-crazy in annoyance voice to it. That's pretty much how my day has been today. It all started around 4:40am when Sydney decided that morning had come and she should wake up. I guess I should feel happy that it wasn't like last Saturday when she decided that waking up every fifteen minutes for about an hour and a half and then screaming her head off until I got up to check on her at which point she got all cute and happy and wide awake. That was at about 2:30am or something. For the next hour I tried everything to get her to calm down and go to sleep. Finally after an hour and a half or more I took her to her room and rocked her and rocked her and rocked her. After I almost was completely asleep (with the whole quickly waking up to the sensation of dropping something - the baby) she finally nodded off. I quietly laid her down and prayed that she wouldn't wake up again in 15 minutes like the pattern had gone early. Thankfully she stayed sleeping. The sad part was that I had to get up at 7:00 (I think, it sure felt a lot earlier) to get ready to go teach a class of crazy 2-year olds at Sunday School. Anyways, back to today. So when she woke up and I went to check on her she was all happy and clappy when I got into her room. She raised her arms and said "Da" while pointing to her books (which means, please sit down and read all my books with me until I say we're finished, no matter where we are in the book) and then when I picked her up, she threw her pacifier down on the bed and was trying to give me a high-five (we do that every time I get her and she puts the paci down by herself). By that point I knew it was going to be more than a quick "I still love you, now go back to sleep" hug. After rocking for 20 minutes she finally escaped my grasp and got down and started playing. I offered her milk and she ran for it. As soon as it was in the cup it was down her throat. She drank it so fast. I figured that maybe she was just hungry for some strange reason and that now she'd fall back to sleep... guess again. After another more than 20 minutes of rocking she finally nodded of and I was able to get back to sleep. It's now something like 5:20am and I'm dreading the fact that in just a few short hours I'd be up with her again. It didn't help that Jeff and I stayed up late watching some of our favorite shows and didn't get to sleep until somewhere around 12:30 or later. Thankfully she decided to sleep until 8:00 so I got a bit more sleep, but was still super tired. By 9:30 Sydney was banging on our bedroom door wanting Daddy. So I made him wake up and take over. We all played in bed for around 30 minutes then Jeff took Sydney out of the room. I really needed to get some more sleep, but it was one of the those times when it just wasn't happening, at least not as quickly as I had hoped it would. I guess I did fall asleep at some point, only to wake up to Sydney screaming about something, I still don't know what or really care to know. She had one of those high-maintenance days, you know where every little thing that doesn't go exactly the way she wants it ends up in a scream. I could tell she was super tired so I tried putting her down to nap a couple times, but that just wasn't happening. She'd scream endlessly until you went and got her. Finally about 3 hours later than usual Jeff was able to get her to lay down and peace and quiet fell over our house for the next 3 hours until I had to wake her up so that she'd sleep tonight. But it was during those three hours and the rest of the day pretty much when the real "I'm bored" stuff kicked in. Nothing felt good, I was feeling pretty crappy and tired and well, just plain bad and nothing that I thought of doing sounded like any good. I could read one of the many books I'd been playing on for the past while, label pictures from the past couple months that have been sitting on my to-do pile, I could watch TV, take a shower, clean the house (ya, like that was going to happen), do pretty much anything and nothing sounded good. I hate those days. Jeff calls them the "entertain me" days because every time I say I'm bored it really means "entertain me". I think I may have actually kept the "I'm bored's" to a minimum, if any today, but I sure felt like say them all day. Finally Sydney's day came to an end about half an hour ago. You know it's been a long "one of those days" when you put her today and come out of her room saying "Praise the Lord it's over". But that's how I felt so I said it. If you're offended by that statement, you probably haven't had kids or only had one and don't know what it's like to have a one-year-old and have pregnancy hormones and everything running through your body, or your just super-mom (or dad, but hopefully you haven't felt the effect of pregnancy hormones running through your body). Anyways the day is almost over now and I'm sitting here in bed typing away with my duck crackers and cup of decaf green tea and now that I've got all this out of my system I'm starting to feel better. Thanks for listening. I'll try not to "unload" on you to much any more, but I needed to today. Jeff had a fairly similar day today and now he's playing "NBA 2K6" on playstation and is in the "do not disturb" mode so I needed to talk to someone and get everything out and well, didn't really want to make any one person sit through all this crap, so I figured hey, why not make everyone who reads my blog sit through all this crap. Hopefully my "readership" doesn't completely disappear after today, but I guess that's the chances one has to take to feel some relief sometimes. Oh and to add to the "fun" of today, as I was giving Sydney her bath, she did it again. I thought we were going to make it through, I was about to take her out when all of the sudden it happened, the bath was full of poo. Thankfully Jeff being the wonderful husband he is helped clean it all up today while I put a diaper on Sydney to make sure she didn't pee everywhere while I was cleaning up (it's actually happened before). But we made it through. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow will be nothing like today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Char,
I'm listening. Vent your heart out anytime.
I can't believe you have 2 kids (one on the way)
Your so grown up. I'll join you, one day. For now, I celebrate with you and Patti. And I love you and miss you like crazy. Say hi to Jeff, Sydney, and "Baby".
Love Dubba
Wish I could do a 'beam me up Scottie' over to you whenever you needed a hand! Lots of luv and hugs, Lee
Post a Comment