Just as I promised, here are some pictures of our beautiful Christmas Tree. I just finished trimming it and now it's standing tall, proud and beautiful. There is nothing better than a beautifully decorated REAL tree. I even tried something new this year. With the branches that we had to cut off the bottom to make it fit and stand straight in our stand, I was able to somehow make a wreath. Now, remember, this is my first attempt ever at making a wreath and I just made it up as I went, so it's not perfect, but still, it's quite pretty. I just have to figure out how I'm going to hang it and where. To add to the Christmas feel in my house I made a pot of my mom's amazing apple cider. Now my house is really starting to feel, smell and look like Christmas (as long as you ignore the sound of the air conditioner going all day). Actually, it's cooled down considerably in the last day or so and tonight is going to get down into the 40's! I know, all you up north are wishing and praying for our weather, but really, I'd trade in a minute, okay, maybe three minutes. But it's still hard to get the "Christmas feel" when you walk outside and see palm trees in your yard and can comfortably walk around in shorts and a t-shirt. I guess that's why I've started not wanting to leave my house, at least inside it feels like Christmas.
So I've finally bought my first Christmas present for Sydney and Jeff, well, just
I'll try and add a pic of the new baby's room shortly. The lighting is not that great right now, so I'll have to wait until the day time to try to remember and take a picture.

2 comments:
Wow! Your tree looks FANTASTIC! Well done, Char!
SHorts and a T-shirt sounds just like Christmas to me!
Harry
Looks wonderful - wish we could join you. Sounds like you guys are really enjoying your first Christmas with Sydney :) Lots of luv, Lee
Post a Comment