(Yes, Jeff is watching basketball, what else would we watch on TV? And sorry the pictures aren't that great, but you get the idea.) It's a little hard though, it's a lot nicer than our regular TV so I want to spend all my time in bed, but Sydney's not quite as fond of the whole "bed" idea as I am, so I end up in the living room with her. But just seeing the huge smile on Jeff's face when he sits down on the bed to watch basketball is all that I need to know that we made the right decision. We are so blessed to be so blessed by God and for Jeff to work for such an amazing church. We truly have a perfect life.On a side note, I think that I might finally be getting over the whole first trimester of my pregnancy thing. Today was one of the first days in a long time that I felt any energy at all. Still not back to normal, but much better. And my stomach only started to get annoyed when I needed to eat, so that's another bonus. Let's hope that it doesn't go back to what it's been like tomorrow like it has done to me in the past when I thought I was getting over it all.
Sydney News....
It's finally happening... Sydney is walking! Okay, so it's generally only for about 5-6 steps, but still, every once and a while it's more and she's getting more and more brave. We've been having so much fun with her and so proud of her progress. It's amazing to watch your little baby become so independent. She also has her second tooth coming in. The first one is still barely a bud poking through, but the second one has just broken the surface. She's also working on her speaking. She's got "hi" down to a science now and loves to say it, Daddy which comes out more like "Duh-dee" with a slight British accent, please which is "dees", dog which is "daw-dee", baby which is "day-dee" and hmmm, let me see, is there anything else? Yes is pretty similar to please, only slightly shorter "des". She'll also copy you often if you say "I.... Love.... Daddy." We're still working on mommy, which is only pulled out when crying or she really wants something. All these words don't happen all the time or even mean what I think they're going to mean most of the time, but still, it's all coming together. Over all she's doing amazing. I still can't believe that in just over two weeks she's going to be a year old. Wow, it has all happened so fast. Sadly I'm sure that I've already forgotten so much of the super cute and amazing things and stages that she has gone through, but I will always treasure this time in her life. Jeff and I are probably some of the most proud parents you'll ever meet, how could you be anything but with a daughter like Sydney?!

2 comments:
You deserve to be so proud of Sydney, she is an awesome little girl!!! I can't wait to see her walking and hear her say anything.
We are so thankful to see God blessing you and blessing others through you.
We love you loads--enjoy that TV!
Hey, I know you don' know me, but I used to work in ministry at the edge and attended calvary jupiter until I met my husband who was the youth pastor at calvary west palm beach. anyways, I think we have kids the exact same age. we have a beautiful baby girl eden lucie who is 11 months old. her first birthday will be january 13th. I'ts been soo fun to watch your blog and hear you talk about sydney! When I was reading the part about her not saying mamaw unless she was crying or really unhappy I felt SOO much better lol! Eden's first words were mamaw but then it went to dada..dadee..hi...just basically anything BUT mamamw. mamaw only comes out when she's being pitiful! Eden only has her first two bottom teeth and anytime a new one comes in, she gets really sick. She's not walking yet but will take a step or two assisted. congradulations on your new little addition.
much love and Merry CHristmas
Audrey Figueroa
Post a Comment