It's just not fair. I'm beginning to think that Jeff made some kind of deal with the devil. When I questioned him about it he said it was a deal with Sydney and involved ice cream and that's all he would tell me. What has to do with ice cream? The fact that some how on both Friday and Saturday when Jeff got up with Sydney (it's his days off and my days to sleep in) she slept in until 7:30 or later. But when it's my turn, for some stupid reason she decides that 6:45 exactly is a much more appropriate time to be waking up. I even kept her up really late (for her) on Sunday while we were at a Newcomer's Dinner for our church. I figured that for sure she would sleep in after being up for over an hour longer than normal, but no. This morning as soon as the clock changed to 6:45 I started hearing the first little moans coming out of the baby monitor. She was crying, which usually means she's not ready to get up and she'll fall back to sleep (she talks and babbles to herself when she's up for good). But as I rolled over to check that I wasn't hearing things through the monitor (it's on Jeff's side) I got the dirtiest look from Jeff - something along the lines of "If you don't go get her right now you're the worst mom in the whole world". So I quickly explained my thinking of leaving her to see if she would fall back asleep and then rolled over so I didn't have to see his death glare. She did quiet down after a couple minutes of subdued crying, but only for a few minutes and then the babbling started just before 7:00 and I knew I wasn't going to get to sleep any longer. If I let her sit babbling for more than about 5 minutes it quickly turns to crying and then I really get the "glare of death". So begrudgingly I got up with her just before 7:00. I'm hoping that after a couple days of staying up a little later than normal (only 15 minutes or so tonight - her pajamas were still in the dryer when it was bedtime - ya, I know, great planning) she start sleeping in at least a little later. Either that or I'm going to have to start really questioning Jeff on his ice cream theory. By the way, even if Jeff got to sleep in more than me (and I may be slightly bitter) he's still super wonderful and let me sleep in until I actually got myself out of bed (sometime around 9:00 which for me is great now).
p.s. I just did a spell check thing on this blog and had to stop and laugh when it tried to replace "Freakin'" with foreskin! Jeff said it was too blog worthy not to tell everyone and gave me an ultimatum that either I put it on my blog or he would on his, so I figured I'd out do him for once. So, if you're offend, take it up with him.
Monday, November 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just put a little bowl of cheerios and a sippy cup or bottle of juice into the crib for my kids to find when they woke up. It bought me at least another 1/2 hour to an hour's worth of sleep. It might be worth a try. Love ya!
Post a Comment