Friday, November 25, 2005

Reminders From My Childhood...

I was reading the paper (okay, so it was just the funnies section, but let me feel "grown-up" for a few minutes) the other day and saw this comic and it reminded me so much of all the insane things that me and my brothers did when we were little. I don't think we ever did this exact atempt at flying, but we did some things pretty close, and they all included one of the boys doing something idiotic and me standing by cheering them on. The pillows are definitely the way I remember them, always at the bottom of whatever crazy thing we were doing. A pile of pillows would protect anyone flying (falling) from any height, right?! We seemed to think so. Hope you enjoy and that it brings back great memories of your childhood. (Sorry, Mom, if it only brings back nightmares of our childhood.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup home made street luge tops most of them. flying off the trampoline into the same pile of pillows and then there was this big old waterbed mattress I seem to remember. Love the thoughts can't wait till your little brood gets all the same ideas. Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Kids of all ages do that! An annual tradition at the University of Cape Town was tobagganing down the grand flight of granite stairs at the centre of the campus! Of course, I had stronger surviva; instincts than to try that (OK - I was way too scared to try anything like that!)
Harry

Anonymous said...

Oh Char,
It's all to familiar.
What where we thinking?
Remember sliding down the wall, off the 2nd floor railing, at the white house in North Van, into all the pillows and sofa cushions?
Craziness.
Love ya, Debbie