

Our First Real Guests At Our New Place...
Well, we finally did it, we had people over for dinner. We've only been living in this house for, hmmm, 3 1/2 months, but finally we had guests for dinner. We had a ton of fun having our good friends Art and Stephanie and their daughter Sophia over last night. Everything went really well, expect for the fact that it started pouring right when the Salmon was almost finished cooking on the bbq and I had to come back inside in the middle of getting it off the bbq to get Jeff to come hold an umbrella over me while I finished. That and the fact that I had a bunch of different pieces of salmon that were different thicknesses, so some pieces got really cooked while other's weren't finished and I had to finish them off in the microwave. Oh ya, I also kinda forgot that it gets dark around here a lot earlier than I'm really used to, so I was barbecuing by flashlight. Other than that everything seemed to go pretty well. It was the perfect excuse for finally getting some things tidied up and put away that we'd been meaning to since we moved in and the perfect excuse for finally clearing our kitchen table of all the tools and having a kitchen table again. Although, I've gotten pretty used to eating dinner, and every other meal for that matter, in front of the TV. But we had a great time and hopefully it won't be another well, 7 1/2 months (we haven't had anyone to either of our houses since we moved to Florida really) until we have people over again. It may be a while though, with all the holidays coming up and everyone being so busy (for all you Canadians who don't understand, Thanksgiving is this Thursday, then it's shopping galore until Christmas, then Christmas and New Years, hence holidays for the next month or so). But we'll try to have more people over soon - so if you're one of those people that we've been saying we want to have over, you may get an invitation sometime soon, but don't be checking the mail everyday, it'll come when you least expect it.
By the way, a five-year-old little girl is the best entertainment for a 10-month-old girl. Sophia and Sydney played in the mirror for a long time. Sydney would stand and laugh at Sophia while Sophia jumped up and down watching herself and being so proud that she could make Sydney laugh. It's amazing the funny things that come out of a five-year-old's mouth. We discovered that Sophia believes that she "knows fashion" and we should trust her on what she says is fashionable. Like, the most fashionable of Sydney's pacifiers is the bright pink one with the yellow hoop thing on it. I can't wait till Sydney can tell us what's fashionable and what's not. (Sorry the pics aren't the best, but that's all I have, so deal with it)


2 comments:
That girl is getting cuter and cuter. We're loving your stories and pictures!
Happy American Thanksgiving! (i wish we had thanksgiving sales)
Carissa
Ditto to all Carissa said. Thanks again for doing this - we love all the news and stories, and that we can get to know you so well too - you fill up a bigger and bigger part of our hearts.
Hugs from us in Kelowna
Post a Comment