No, I'm not a pirate, but I'm really frustrated! Ever since I got my pots and pans when we first got married, I've been washing them by hand to ensure a long life. I read the whole owner's manual (ya, I'm one of those pathetic people) before I used them and they said they were dishwasher safe, but that by putting them in the dishwasher, the sheen on the outside of the pans may go dull. Not a big deal, but still, we paid a lot for my pots, and I wanted them to stay in good condition. So I washed them all by hand until yesterday. Yesterday I noticed that the sheen was starting to wear down from use (no big deal) so I figured that putting them in the dishwasher wouldn't hurt them. They already we're going dull - what else could happen? Ya, what else could happen?! They started losing their non-stick finish, that's what could happen. I'm so mad! I've never used metal in them to keep the non-stick stuff in good condition, but putting them in the washer just once and suddenly the non-stick stuff is disappearing. I made scrambled eggs in one pan tonight (one of the few proteins I actually can eat without having a hard time) with butter in the pan and everything and still, half the eggs stuck to the pan! How annoying is that! Once in the dishwasher and wham they suddenly suck. Hopefully the two other pots that I washed in the same load aren't going to be so pathetic. But at least now that it's losing the non-stick stuff I don't have to worry so much about putting them in the washer anymore.
Taking Full Advantage of Jeff's Day Off...
So Friday's are Jeff's day off. It's awesome! I love it when he's off because he thankfully wakes up with Sydney and lets me sleep in a bit. Today Sydney was super nice to Jeff and slept in almost an hour longer than usual and Jeff let me sleep in a half hour past that (we had to get up to take one of our cars to get something fixed on it, some recall or something). It was so nice. Then, to take full advantage of him being home, I took a few naps during the day. They were short, but still very nice. I wasn't feeling very good today and I figured that I better take the chance to nap while I had it. Man, I wish Jeff was home all the time so that I could just go nap and he could take care of Sydney. He's such a great husband, I'm so blessed to have him. He even joined Sydney and I grocery shopping without a single complaint. Man, I love Friday's! And Saturday's aren't half bad either... he's home and gets up with Sydney then too! How much luckier can I get?
Friday, November 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment