Tuesday, November 29, 2005
It's Been A Few Days....
I feel pretty stupid at the moment. I've been checking out a few of the different blogs that I check regularly and was getting mad at a few people that they hadn't updated their blogs in days. Then I suddenly realized that it's been a while since I sat here to update my own blog. So here I am. The sad thing is I don't have much to say. I've been going through the day trying to find things to blog about, trying to remember things that happened, cute Sydney stories, anything, and every time that I'd start to "write" one in my head I'd forget it. I swear that throughout the day I had at least five different topics that I could write about, and well, now this is the only topic I have "what I've forgotten throughout the day". What a sad life. If you ask anyone else whose ever been pregnant, they'll probably tell you that it happens - you forget everything when you're preggers. Well, it's true. I often don't remember anything any more. The one big thing that I actually remembered today was that Jeff had asked me this morning to make sure that I called about a problem we're having with the fan in Sydney's room. If you know much about me, you probably know that phoning people I don't know (and even people I do know, sometimes) is one of my least favorite things to do. I absolutely detest phoning people to ask them questions (I feel like I'm going to make a complete fool of myself) which often made my job as a receptionist/office admin. a little challenging. Thankfully then most of the calls we incoming, not outgoing, but back to my main point. I actually called the company and found out what to do about our mysterious fan light that turns itself on at random times during the night. The solution is not what Jeff hoped for. We're actually going to have to take the whole fan down to change some little switches in the remote receiver (someone else supposedly is working on the same channel and is turning the light on for us) which is super annoying, so hopefully we'll be able to fix the problem the first time because I know Jeff absolutely hates taking ceiling fans down and putting them back up (I would too!). It's been a little hard on Sydney though, the poor girl. She goes to sleep and the light is off, then at some random point during the night when she half wakes up (like normal) she realizes that the light is on and of course something must be wrong so she starts screaming. We think it's just another of the 5-10 minute cries that she gets when she wakes up during the night and leave her. She in turn wakes up fully and can't get back to sleep when we finally clue in that something is wrong (usually after 20 minutes or so) and we are then awake trying to figure out how to get this little girl back to sleep. Jeff sweetly got up with Sydney last night and sat rocking and singing to her for about 20 minutes before I went to check on them to see if everything was okay. I then took over for Jeff and after another 10 or so minutes of trying the same thing decided to give in and give her a sippy cup because it almost always works at getting her back to sleep. And it did. After around 45 minutes she was finally back to sleep and so were we, thank God. So you can see why we want to fix this whole light fiasco. Sleep is precious around here and when lights come on for no reason and ruin our sleep, something drastic needs to be done. I will give props to Jeff though, he has been amazing this past week or so, getting up every morning with Sydney so that I can sleep in. It has helped me so much. And I am so thankful for such a considerate, amazing husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm sure it must be a fault other than the guy who installed it for you. You should take your remote out next time you walk and see if you can turn on someome elses fan, could end up in hours of fun, the posalilities are endless.Dad
I hear yah on the phoning business. Not my fav thing either. Sucks about the fan thing I think I'd take all the lightbulbs out before bedtime just to be sure that my kid didn't wake up. Sleep is waaaaay too precious!
Love ya
hi there - I identify sooo much with you about the phone. I'd never have guessed so about you tho - you were always wonderful on the Poco church phone.
With your light thingy - wouldn't the wall switch override the remote if you turned it off at night, (what am I thinking, you must be needing the fan on at night) - hope you guys manage to sort it out ... how frustrating. We've snow on the ground here - I guess that's why I momentarily forgot someone somewhere needs a fan on! Have a nice day - big hugs, Lee
Post a Comment