Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Man, Blogging Really Pays Off...

So it's true, we have some of the best friends ever. This morning, after the light coming on at sometime around 5 or 5:30 (I'm not really sure because Jeff got up with Sydney and let me sleep) Sydney had a rough morning. At around 6:00 I got up with her and let Jeff go back to bed because he's starting to get sick and he needs to be healthy for Sunday so he needs all the sleep he can get. Anyways, so I took the early shift with Sydney, thinking that if I just gave her a sippy cup she'd fall back asleep and I could go back to bed. No such luck. Finally at around 7:30 or 8:00 (I really don't remember exactly, I guess I was a little more tired than I realized) I put her back in bed and she fell asleep after a couple minutes. And so did I! Jeff got up sometime around 8:30 to get ready for work and then I got up just before 9:30 so that Jeff could head off to work (by that time Sydney had woken-up that's why I had to get up). Just a couple minutes after Jeff left for work there was a knock on the door. I thought that it might be Jeff and that he had forgotten something. But to my surprise it was our good friend Art with a screwdriver in hand saying he was here to fix the fan. I was shocked. I had mentioned nothing to anyone other than through my blog late last night, so to have someone standing at my door saying they were here to fix the fan was amazing. Just for someone to offer to fix the fan shocked me, but for the offer to have come through blogging?! Wow, I really need to start mentioning all my problems on here so that more people will come to my rescue. Don't worry, I won't really do that. But I must say, Art, if you're reading this.... Thank you, thank you, thank you! I felt a little funny, I had only been up for a couple minutes, like 5, when he came so I was a mess, still in my pj's, hair everywhere, teeth not brushed yet or anything, but there was no way I was turning away help. It was amazing. I didn't know people so kind and considerate existed anymore. Although, I do realize why in the old days one of the first things that you did was get dressed (I guess it's probably not only in the old days, people still do it now, but not me) and maybe I'll start doing that, but most likely not, so if you're coming over early in the morning, a call would be nice (but if you're coming to help with something, please, don't let this stop you).

I'm So Jealous...

I can't believe it, my family in Canada has already had snow! We're sitting her in a "cold front" that's only gets down to 70 degrees or so during the day! I talked to my mom on Monday and she was telling me that it was freezing (literally) where she was and that it had snowed the day before, and I was sitting around in 80 degree weather. What's wrong with this picture?! I guess if you're one of the lifetime Floridians or Dreamer Floridians you're probably thinking "nothing's wrong, it's perfect", but if you're anything like my you're wishing and dreaming of cold, crisp air filling your lungs, snow falling around with a fireplace burning close by. Then, to top of my jealousy, I was reading my cousin Patti's blog the other day and she had a picture of her son standing between two snowmen. Now, I'm not talking about the big blow-up ones that I've seen around here - side track, I tried to take a picture that I found hilarious today... a snowman next to a palm tree, but my camera phone wouldn't zoom and I didn't feel like crossing the street to where it was because the guy who owned the house was out working on all his Christmas lights and I already felt like a moron for trying to take the pic on my phone, but a snowman next to a palm tree, now I've seen everything. Well, the Christmas-light-flamingo and alligator might come to a close second or even take over first place - but real, snow snowmen. There's not a lot I love more than playing in the snow and the last time I saw snow wasn't really the best memory (another story for another time) so I'm wanting with everything within me to just walk outside and play in some snow. I've even begged Jeff for a snow machine. I know I'll never get one, but come on, who wouldn't want a snow machine? Also, I was reading my cousin's blog again (ya, I do have more of a life than just reading my cousin's blog, just not much of one) and she was talking about the cookie exchange that she hosted for all of my female relatives. Now, Patti, I have a couple questions... 1. Why did you start the exchange the year I left? 2. Why do you miss Lisa and not me? I guess this one leads back to question one, since I've never been able to attend one of these parties I can't really be missed at it, but well, I miss going and seeing everyone. And getting all those great cookies, I know Jeff misses that part too. So as you can see I'm a really jealous person, especially during this Christmas season. Wow, that sounds really bad! I guess I need to work on a few things (like how to get snow in 80 degree weather!).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a simple solution- move back home!!!

(You'll have free babysitting too)

Love Carissa

Anonymous said...

Well, I actually thought about you when I wrote that I missed Lisa, and the only reason that I mentioned her and not you, was that she actually attended for 2 years before they moved away - and you'd never come - so I knida felt goofy saying that I'd missed somebody at something that they'd never been to. Hmmmmm, I agree with Carissa though - It'd be awesome if you guys were closer, but I'm thrilled to be able to connect if only though the internet.

Love ya, and missing ya tons.

ps. thanks for all the blog promos - I'll have to return the favor one of these days

Anonymous said...

Char, WE MISS YOU SO MUCH.
COME HOME! ALL THE COOKIES JEFF WANTS AND LOTS OF BABYSITTING!!!
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. Can you send cookies in the mail now-a-days? Anybody know?
Keep bloggin' We love it!
Debbie

Charlene said...

Patti, I hope I didn't offend you. If there's one thing that I dislike about the whole blogging thing is that sarcasm doesn't really pass through it, which I often forget and thus some possible hurt feelings. If I offended you, I'm truely sorry. When I first read your blog about the party I was jealous about missing Lisa and not me and then I realized that maybe I shouldn't be hurt that you didn't miss me but that you waited until I left to start these parties (whoops, there goes the sarcasm again, sorry). But really, it didn't bother me at all. No worries.

Anonymous said...

I don't think she's offended at all, Char. I'll answer for her. That's what family does. I guess. Anyways, we all miss you and love you.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

What wonderful friends you have already over there :)
So glad the fan got sorted. luv, Lee