After being bored out of our minds for the past couple days (between being sick and stinkin' Wilma not showing up when first projected) Jeff and I both knew that we needed to get out of the house before we drove each other crazy. We'd played a million rounds of Tiger Woods Golf on the PS2 (I got a hole in 1, it was amazing!), well, that's a slight exageration, probably closer to 999,999 games. We'd done everything we could to get ready for the huricane and basically we were bored with nothing to watch on TV and had already played with all of Sydney's toys for the fiftieth time. Jeff offered the great idea of getting out of the house. Perfect, I needed an escape. He mentioned a couple ideas then at the exact same moment we said "Let's go to the beach". What a perfect idea. The weather has cooled off a bit (only in the mid 80's now) and it was overcast so the beaches would be pretty empty. So off we went. But, we forgot the camera. Ah, technology - what would we do without a camera phone. So we had an awesome time playing at the beach. Sydney has absolutely no fear of the ocean. She goes straight for it and runs around in it and wants to sit in it. I hadn't thought of bringing a towel or change of clothes for her (I know, what kind of mother am I?!) so we took her pants off and let her play. Although not before they got thoroughly wet so that she couldn't wear them home again. But because I didn't bring a towel I wouldn't let her sit in the water like she wanted. She was thrilled with that until she realized she could sit in the sand and play with it. She did great. It was like 3 minutes before she even tried to put anything in her mouth (hey, that's a long time with a kid). Well, she had a great time and we loved watching her. The battle of the pics part is because we can only send a few of the pics from the camera phone to the computer and Jeff and I couldn't decide who got which picture. He decided to let me have whatever one I wanted, that is until I chose the one that he wanted. He figured I wouldn't want the one he wanted so he said he'd give me any one I want. Well, turns out we have the same sense of taste. Anyways, being the bigger person (I still love you Jeff) I decided to let him have my first choice and I'd chose a different one. So if you want to see my first choice (keeping in mind that the pics were less than half an inch big when we were picking them so I'm not really sure how they all turned out) you've gotta check out
Jeff's Blog. But here is the second choice, which I think may be the best choice. After all, what can be better than a close up pic of Sydney playing in the sand?!

Just a little insight on our marriage. The reason it works so well is that we both understand that I'm the center of the universe. Until recently we thought that Jeff was, with the weather bowing to him and all, giving him this Sunday off at church so that he could get better and rest his voice. But tonight we just realized that if I'm the center of his universe, then the whole world revolves around me, not him. This really is the perfect life!
1 comment:
oh yes - this is very very cute :)
Good idea to get out to the beach and be normal. We're also on hurricane watch and living it vicariously with you guys - lots of luv, Lee
Post a Comment