Well, tv sucks at the moment. All that is on is Hurricane Watch or football. And it's pretty sad that the hurricane watch is almost more exciting to me than the football, especially since it's the same thing over and over again. I guess the Texan in me is completely gone - no more football! Well today was very strange. I'm totally at a loss as to what day of the week it is. Jeff has been home from work for something like 5 days (because he was sick) and without church today I really have no idea where I am or what day it is. Add to that my total loss of any and all energy and memory capacity from being pregnant and you've got one messed up person.
After being confined in doors all day I decided that I needed to go for a walk, especially because the likely hood of getting out tomorrow will dramatically decrease with the storm on the way. It was amazing to me how serious everyone is taking this Wilma thing. Very few homes didn't have some sort of shutters up and people had things that we in their yards all tied down. Some people had some stuff written on their shutters. One of my favorites was one house who had "Go away (Frances crossed out), (Gene crossed out), Wilma" (they'd obviously been through the two storms that came through this area last year) and some other words and pics and stuff that I don't exactly remember (pregnancy brain). It looked a bit like a ghost town out there. But the weather was fairly nice. And a great note, the weather down here is going to be awesome for a couple days following the storm. We're really looking forward to it. High of 74 and low of 50! That's amazing because it's been around 88 for the past, well, forever, and then add the humidity on to that and it's hot! But it's going to cool down. All you Canadians are probably thinking "What the heck is 74 degrees?" It's around 23 degrees celsius (88 is around 31). So that's pretty nice for us.
Well nothing else blogworthy has happened today. That's why it's so boring, just waiting for Wilma to show her ugly face. Watch here for updates after the storm goes by (as long as we don't lose power).
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment