Just as I thought it might happen, I got started with the whole blog thing and already I'm behind in my news. For someone who always is complaining that nothing happens in life and it's the same thing every day watching a kid, the last couple days have had a lot of stories. So now I don't know what to do - start with the oldest news, or with the thing that's most prominent on my mind and of course the most recent (which is why it's the most prominent, because I can't remember things well any more, I blame it on "Mommy brain") I'm afraid that if I start with the old things I'll never get caught up before I forget it all, but if I go with the most recent, I'll never get to the old stuff - I always get interrupted before I get there. Already when I was starting I was excited. Sydney was sleeping and should still be sleeping for like another hour! Yeah, a real chance to get caught up. Nope. Of course right as I'm opening the website the cries start. Just small whines, but meant to know "I'm awake and ready to go". So again to wait and do it later. Thankfully it's Saturday and Jeff's home, so he's looking after Sydney and I'm here. Although the amount of time it's taking me to even get to the point is amazing. I really need to learn to just get to the point, so here it goes.
Wednesday's Excitement
I think in the first post I mentioned that we had some alarm problems Wednesday. As I was coming home from our 1st Wed. service at church I was just about to open the door and I hear this strange noise. An alarm going off. It was pretty quiet so I didn't think it was our place, but as I got closer and was about to put the key in the door I realized it was our alarm going off. I started to freak out thinking some crazy person was in our house waiting for me to just open the door. So I didn't. Instead I called Jeff and freaked out on him. Poor guy. He rushed home as fast as he could to make sure everything was okay. I phoned Brinks only to find out that they never got the signal that our alarm was going off. So now I'm really worried that some crazy guy has cut the signal or something and really is waiting. I had driven a block away to the local grocery store and was waiting there to hear from Jeff that he was home. Finally I got the call and was on my way home. When I got there I found Jeff walking around the house with the biggest knife that I have. We never found out what set off the alarm, but it was enough to freak me out. Before I could go to bed I made Jeff go around and check all the closet and any place that could possibly be a hiding place. Of course he found nothing, but man the stories you hear really make your mind start wondering. Well that was all my excitement. Doesn't sound nearly as scary as it was in the moment, but well, I'm still working on my story telling.
Tea Time
On Thursday it was our Senior Pastor's wife's birthday. For it all of the female staff and pastor's wives took her out for a surprise lunch at a Tea House. It was my first time going to one, and it was fun. I don't know that it was exactly my cup of tea (sorry) but still I had a great time. I had this idea in my mind that it would be super fancy, fufu type thing. It was nice and quite pretty, but it was a little more relaxed and not nearly as fancy as I expected it. It was in a little old house with each room having a table for each group in it. They had like a million different types of tea. I was so overwhelmed, that all I had was a regular sweet tea (that's like normal iced tea for all you canadians). Thinking back on it I realized that I really should have gone all out and ordered some funky tea and the "afternoon tea special" which is what you think of when you think of a tea house, or at least what I think of. The whole little finger sandwiches, biscuits, jams, fruit etcetera. I just had a plain salad, chicken salad and quiche, which was good. Still the whole thing was great. Not the "tea house" experience I thought it might be, but still a ton of fun being with all the other women. And the best part, Jeff was the best husband and Daddy and stayed home during the day and work later that night so that I could go and not have to worry about Sydney. How lucky am I!
Our Freezing Computer
Our computer has been freezing at random times recently, so I'm going to post this blog now to make sure it doesn't freeze before I post it and all my hard work goes to waste, but I promise to continue with yesterdays fun soon and of course some stuff on Sydney for all you fans.
Later
Saturday, October 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Charly Great News Congratulations u and Jeff I guess I should include him lol
Love to all Grampa k
Post a Comment