Sunday, October 09, 2005

Feeling Like A Tourist...



On Friday night we went on this amazing 3-hour dinner cruise around Biscayne Bay. It was an appreciation thing for all of the children's department workers. It was so cool. I was the total tourist. All the beautiful places, just like CSI Miami. I knew there were places like that, but so many in such a close location was super nifty. The homes blew your mind. All these multi-million dollar homes built on man-made island in the middle of a bay in downtown Miami. It was really cool, when we came to some of the "famous" homes, the captain told us all about them and who owned them. Some of the coolest (at least to me) were Al Capone's (which you couldn't actually see his place, only the "guard house" that was right on the water blocking the actual home and had a underground tunnel right to the mansion), Shaq's (it had a huge bobble-head doll of Shaq on one of the pillings on his boat dock) and a few others that I can't really remember the names of. The house for Scarface was there too, but well, as I've never seen the movie it didn't mean a whole lot to me. A lot of other people found it really interesting though. But all of them were amazing. It was crazy. So many of them had boat houses that were bigger than our entire property. Well, the whole night was great. Although coming home and having to pay a babysitter for 8 hours sucks! I can't believe how quickly it adds up. One night out ends up costing you $50 bucks. And that's without having to pay for transportation, food or entertainment. What happens when you got out and actually have to pay for everything yourself. No wonder people don't do it too often. I guess if we lived a little closer to family it might help! What can be better than free babysitting! And knowing everything about the people you have watching your kid. Also the fact that most likely if you're going to be really late you can just leave the kid with them. At least we have a couple people here who have volunteered, they just all happened to be on the cruise with us on Friday. Oh well, next time we go out you better believe we'll be calling on them, not someone we have to pay!

Something about Sydney...

Okay, now I know I keep saying that I'm going to put something about Sydney on here, so I guess I better actaully fulfill my word. Here goes... she's doing so good. That's it.
Sorry, I guess I'll add a little more. She's growing amazingly quickly. She's almost walking (at only 9 months it's a little scary thinking how mobile she'll be soon) and as long as there's something for her to hold on to she is. Her's a couple cute pictures we found of her and Jeff eating. Mmmm, pre-chewed food.
























































They also love to spend time together singing and playing guitar. Jeff wrote one of his newest songs in this special shared moment together.















One last picture, just beacuse I think it's a great family p
hoto.


Well, that's it for now. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Char,

Sydney looks so cute, and she's getting so big. You look great! I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you today and hoping you're having a great day. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

We're really enjoying your blog - well done. Lovely pics of you guys, and a wonderful window into your world. Love you lots, Lee