Thursday, October 06, 2005

Finally, I Stepped Up and Started My Blog...

Well, about a week ago I got Jeff to set this whole blog thing up for me. I was really excited - yeah, a great chance to let everyone who keeps bugging me about what's happening in my life know what's going on without having to re-type it a billion times. Okay, that's overdoing it a little, I don't think anyone knows a billion people, but you get the idea. I think it was something like Saturday or Sunday night when he set it up. It was late, so I figured that I'd just write something the next day. Well, the next day came and went and another day came and went (which I really have no idea where they went, but they're long gone). Then came Monday. I was focused, set on my goal of starting my first blog entry. As soon as Sydney went to bed for the night, that was it, I was going to sit down and do my first entry. Well, around rolls 3:30pm, I went to check out if Jeff had posted anything new to his blog (yes, our marriage has come down to this... checking each other's blogs to know what's happening) and found out that our internet was down. "Oh crap," I thought, "well, maybe it'll be back up again by the time Sydney's in bed. A few hours, the internet is never down that long, especially since it's cable internet and the tv is really never down for more than a few hours!" Boy was I wrong. I checked like every 15 minutes, hoping that it would be back on and I could watch tv or surf the net, or even call someone (we have Vonage - internet based phone service). But no. Finally Sydney's in bed, still no internet. Well, another day down the drain for my blog. I went to bed sure that in the morning the internet would be back up and I'd have a chance to enter my first blog. Nope. I didn't come back on until Wednesday morning. Wow, I never realized how dependant I had become on the tv and computer for entertainment and basically life. It was so boring sitting home all day with Sydney with not a whole lot to do or watch. Sydney's still at the stage that I have to be watching her almost all the time, taking my focus off her only momentarily before she destroys something. So I can't exactly get into reading a book or doing a lot of house work except when she's sleeping. I kept thinking of all these great things that I had wanted to do for the longest time, then clued in again and again to the fact that they all involved the internet. Well, needless to say, Tuesday was one of the longest day I've had in a long time... by the time Jeff got home I was about to go crazy. Poor Jeff, he comes home to relax between work and worship practice and I'm about to go insane. Well, we made it some how and when the tv started working again Wednesday all I could do was say a little thank-you prayer. How sad is that. I never thought I'd ever be that stuck on tv for my entertainment and everything. Well, that's my whole huge long story about finally making it to my first blog, and here I am.

Wow, I wrote so much and said so little. Sorry if you're bored out of your mind already. Hopefully my future posts won't be this laborous. Is that even a word, and if it is, is it used in the right context? (Jeff is always bugging me about my vocabulary and I always get to be proud when I use a "big" word, so maybe I can be proud now?!) I think I'll end it here for today, at least for now. If I get the urge to let you in on all the dirty little details of lasts nights house alarm going off or my tea party today I'll write again later, but I'm sure this is long enough already.

Bye for now,
Char

p.s. I promise to all of those not really caring about me, but only caring about Sydney that there will be more on her next time. I know she's the whole reason most of you are even reading this thing, so I'll make sure to indulge you on her a little next time, maybe even try and figure out how to add pictures of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Char,

Nice to see that you've joined me in my blogging adventures. It'll be fun to check up on what you're up to. Talk to you soon.