This afternoon Sydney was reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to me. (By the way, I'm so proud of my little girl, she's reading all by herself now and it's so great having her read to me sometimes instead of me doing all the reading!)
We were talking about green eggs and I asked her if she'd like to have some for dinner tonight. She said that they'd be gross, so no. Then I, somewhat jokingly, asked, "well, what about pink eggs?" This got her thinking. Hmmm. maybe?
She decided that if she could help me make them that she would like to try it. So help me she did. After adding some red food coloring to our eggs Syd commented that they didn't really look pink, so we decided to call them "dusty rose" instead.
As I was cooking them I was totally weirded out. They looked rather disgusting if I do say so myself, but well, it was too late now to change them back to normal.
So I served them up and told the kids to eat up, "don't worry, they taste just like normal eggs!"

Syd went for it and loved them. The boys, not so much. Maybe if they were blue?? After eating everything else on their plates they both finally, quite hesitantly, took one small bite each and decided that pink eggs, I mean, "dusty rose" eggs just aren't the same and therefore are inedible.




2 comments:
Mmm - really creative cooking there Char, but I don't think I'll try that one! Miss u all - big hugs, Lee
I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!
Post a Comment