Just over an hour from now (wow, suddenly realizing how quickly it's approaching!) I'll be heading out the door and to the hospital to say a final farewell to my thyroid. I'd love to say it's been good to me, and until recently I thought it had been, but well, it's time for it to go and take all it's destructive cells with it.
My surgery is for 12:45 this afternoon. It's going to take between 3.5-4 hours and then a couple of hours in recovery before I'm moved to a room for the night. If all goes well then I should be able to leave tomorrow morning or afternoon. The recovery should be, well, interesting. I've never had surgery before (except wisdom teeth removed, but this is quite a bit different and way more crazy extreme) and I don't like the unknown of how I'm going to feel, but I know that I'll make it. And hey, hospitals have the good kind of drugs to make everything disappear.
I'm really glad that my surgery is here, it means that we can move on and start moving forward with everything else that we know God has planned for us (we recently decided to wait to open our home to a possible foster child/adoptive child until we made it through all of this). This past Sunday the message that Dan preached was exactly what I needed and just reminded me that this challenge has not come to overwhelm me but to launch me to a greater faith and blessing and that the only way you can have a victory is if you go through the battle. I have been doing really, really well and not having any doubt or fear or really any negative emotions about all of this, but it was still great to be reminded of God's greatness and all his plans for me and my family. If you have any challenge that your facing I totally suggest you listen to his message and have your faith strengthened. Check it out here.
Well, I've got to run, I've totally procrastinated on getting anything ready for the hospital and I'm still in my pajamas and have a bunch to do and two crying kids. But I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has come along side of us, praying and supporting us. We really appreciate it. And a huge thanks to God for his amazing and miraculous healing that he is going to perform today and all that he is doing in my body and my life. Please also pray for Jeff and my Mom as they take on the kids for the next little while and try to fight off colds at the same time.
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm praying for you, Char! Today and always!
Love to you!
I am the anony mouse love Aunty Karen x
I sent one just a second ago that said we were praying and that we love you but then forgot to sign it remaining anonymouse now when I looked again it is missing???
Hold fast to the promises God has given you. because all His promises are yes and amen to the glory of God...believing with you that you are launching into all that God has ahead for you and your family. Love Aunty Karen
Char - this is an amazing blog - I have written quotes from it into my diary on the inside cover to burn into my own spirit - it continually astounds me how you guys are growing in God. Lots and lots of luv and hugs, Lee
I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!
Post a Comment