Today is what Sydney calls a "holiday". According to Sydney a holiday is when someone doesn't have to work and spends time with their family. So today fit that definition. You see, Fridays are Jeff's Saturdays so on Fridays we try to do something special as a family. Today we decided to enjoy the "cold front" (somewhere in the 60's) and went for a "hike" at Riverbend Park. We absolutely love it there and have such a great time looking for all the different birds and animals that we can find and the kids especially love throwing rocks and sticks into the river. Today we even saw, for my first time ever, a woodpecker banging away looking for bugs. It was so neat!
After our walk we headed over to McDonald's for lunch. The kids totally enjoyed their kids' meals (it's been a long, long time since we got them individual meals, usually we just buy the regular nugget meals and split them up because it's a lot cheaper) and my food was good, at least until I made the mistake of looking at the calorie and fat content. I was quickly reminded why I don't go there barely ever any more! But we had a good lunch and headed home for naps.
While the kids we're all napping I was able to go shopping to pick up a gift for a friend's bridal shower that I'm going to tomorrow. Not only did I get to go shopping, which is always fun, but I got to do it by myself! That's right, not one little kid tagging along or crying or whining or anything. It was sooooo nice and peaceful. I had all the time I wanted to look around the store and browse, something I rarely get to do any more. I was even able to quickly run into a couple of other stores to pick stuff up for dinner.
Then I came home and played with the kids for a bit and then we made pizzas. I practiced my pizza tossing skills much to the pleasure of the kids (I still have a long, long way to go, but at least I didn't drop it or hit the ceiling!). And the kids each got to make their own pizzas, which they are now enjoying while having a pizza party - getting to eat their pizza in the family room while watching a video. The adults pizza has just finished cooking so that means that this post is ending so that I can go and enjoy the rest of the evening with the kids and then put them to bed and continue to enjoy the evening with my awesome hubby! Hope you all have a great "holiday" sometime soon too!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love seeing some family traditions are still fun and carried on!!!!! Extra meat for me please......
Sounds like a fabulous day, Char. I'd love to see a new picture of you all.
Post a Comment