Tonight while I was making dinner I heard Sydney randomly yell out from the other side of the house, "I HATE ANTS!" I was about to correct her and remind her that we don't use the word "hate" when I realized that, you know, what, I HATE ANTS, TOO! So rather than going through the whole, "we don't hate anything, Sydney, we just don't like stuff", I agreed with her and yelled back, "I HATE ANTS, TOO!"
I guess I'll have to continue working on defining when we can and cannot use the word "hate". Like, "I hate my brother." Not acceptable. But, "I hate ants." Totally acceptable. Hmmm, such a hard thing to explain to a child. I also got to deal with one of her imaginary friends saying "I hate you, Mom" to her imaginary mom, tonight. I was quickly informed that it was the imaginary friend saying it, not her, but we still had to discuss how and why that was not acceptable. The consequence of her "friend's" bad behavior, she's not allowed at our house anymore. I don't think Syd was too devastated as she has somewhere between 10 and a million "friends" that I get to hear about all day long! Oh how I love and "loathe" imagination. I'm not really sure how many more stories I can handle about her friends, if you haven't had the privilege of hearing any of them yet, just hang around Syd for about 5 minutes and I'm sure you too will be informed of all their adventures and activities.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ha Ha Ha Ha! Too funny!
I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!
Post a Comment