Monday, August 24, 2009

A Little Bit of This And A Little Bit of That...

So with how crazy stuff has been and how tired I've been for the past couple months I seem to has missed blogging about a few things, so today is catch up day. I was going to try and do things in some sort of order or something but my brain doesn't seem to want to work that way, so we're just going to go with what comes up and where ever my brain wants to trail off to. I hope you enjoy!

Luke's 1st Haircut...

A couple of weeks ago now we headed back over to our house (from our current rental) to give the boys haircuts. I decided that I really didn't need to inflict our wonderful new neighbors to the harrowing screams of a three-year-old getting his head shaved so off to home it was. While there we decided that Luke was getting to be in serious need of a cut and now was the time. I was really nervous to do it, afraid that it was going to make my baby look really old, but well, it needed to be done. So after some set-up it was on with the show. Much to my surprise he did really well. I was totally prepare for another showdown like his brother but no, he did great and had a lot of fun, at least until the end, he really wasn't that into getting the back, down by his neck, cut. But we did it and man am I glad. Sure, he looks a lot older, and I mean he's not a baby any more, but it really looks so much better. And to top it all off, he now sports the 'hawk just like Noah. And he sure does look good with it! (sorry about the formatting... I've tried to fix it a bunch of times and now I just give up, so you'll have to live with it) Starting Out
Still Doing Okay
Starting To Get A Little Old
Are We Done Yet???The Final Result

Swimming Lessons...

About two months ago we started Sydney and Noah in swimming lessons. Now this is a slight misnomer, especially for Noah because I don't really think he's learned anything or wants to learn anything to actually swim, but Syd is slightly more enthusiastic. We have an awesome private swim teacher who is doing it for us and the kids lover her. Sadly she's been off traipsing through Europe for the past three weeks so we haven't been "learning" lately, but we should be starting up again soon. It could get a little sketchy at our next lesson though. Syd is totally ready but needs to make a "breakthrough" and well, it looks like for her that it might involve a whole lot of screaming. She's ready and can kick and swim but she has to get over her fear and just go for it. An old fashioned "let them go and do it for themselves" approach is looming and I'm not really looking forward to it, but it just needs to happen. We were hoping to get more chances to practice while their teacher was away but with how busy we've been we just haven't found a lot of chances. Oh well, such is life.

Yeah For Saving Money...

On our "vacation" a couple of weeks ago Jeff took his first Sunday off in a long while and we took full advantage of our opportunity for a little rest and relaxation. Well, not really. We went shopping. And no, taking three kids shopping is definitely not restful or relaxing, but still it was a ton of fun and we save a ton! Kohl's was clearing out all their summer stock and when you live somewhere where it's summer for 10 months of the year, the summer clear out is the best time to buy. So we spent a little money (about $120) but saved over $400! Yup, more than $520 worth of kids clothes for $120. I'd say that's a good deal. I tried to buy things a size or so big so they would last a while but since it had been so long since I last bought them new stuff most of the stuff actually fits now, with only a few hold outs for the future. Oh well, they all looks so cute now and because most of it is higher end (at least than our normal Walmart and Target brand stuff) they shouldn't shrink as quick and should last a whole lot longer. Sadly we've been sick ( just a little cough, nothing huge, but enough to keep us home from church) for the past couple weeks and I've got the cutest dress for Syd and the best shorts and shirt for Noah that I just can't wait for them to wear but have been holding off on so that they're still actually nice for church. Oh well, such is life, they'll look really cute when we finally get around to going!

Our First Photo Shoot...

About two weeks ago I got an email from a friend whose kids are models. She was looking for kids to help another friend of hers out for a photo shoot. Her friend is a professional photographer (Monica Skeisvoll, check her out, totally amazing!) and had this amazing idea for a photo shoot that she's been wanting to do for years and has finally gotten the chance to do it. As of right now I'm not sure what exactly, if anything, it will ever get used for, but there are a few possibilities out there. But as for us, it was just a fun experience and we got some amazing pictures from it. The photographer actually gave me this gorgeously framed photo and Syd and Noah together that is just amazing. I'm still waiting to get some more of the pics emailed to me, and when I do, I'll be sure to post some of them. Anyways, the whole premise of the photo shoot was this old school "lil' rascal's" type thing with the kids all dressed up in old fashioned clothes and cheering for the soap box racers from the grandstands. We got to the photographers home Friday morning and after a little primping headed out to the "grandstands" for the pictures. I was able to grab a couple quick shots with my little camera and they turned out horribly but at least it's something to have until we get the "real" shots. After taking a bunch of group shots the photographer took individual photos of each kid and then we were done. They were so cute and I just absolutely loved what Noah got to wear. As we were leaving the asked if Noah would like to come back later that afternoon to take some more photos, this time of the "race". Of course we said yes and back we came later that afternoon. This time Noah was again adorable, but I felt so bad for him. He was dressed as a "fireman" in this old felt suit and it was SOOOOO hot outside. He had three full layers on and a helmet but he did great and held out for more than an hour! I really can't wait to see all the pics, I can only imagine what they'll be like after checking out all of the photographers other work!


Simply Irresistible...

All of our kids are cute, don't get me wrong, but Luke has been winning the cute contest at our home lately. So here are a few of the pics we've taken of him (I had to try and even out the screen time a little after the last few pics of the older two).He recently discovered how to climb out of his pack n' play has been enjoying his freedom ever since! Nap times will never be the same. Although it did lead to this picture of him asleep on the floor, curled up with his blank, where we found him after checking on the boys one night before bed.
Then a couple of nights later we found him "chillin'" in his sleep when we went to check on him. Way too cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SUCH cute pictures, Char. Thanks for sharing them! Love you. Dubba