Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We Like Birthdays...

At the Thompson house we try to make birthdays special. It doesn't matter which family member it is, we try and do something to make sure that person knows they are special and loved. For the kids, birthdays are all about cake, presents and balloons (thanks Little Einsteins?!) so if we're celebrating a birthday, all three must be present. 

That takes us back to last Friday (I originally typed this post a week ago but have been having major problems with the pics and finally got it all worked out today) when we were celebrating Jeff's birthday. The kids were very excited for his birthday and we spent some time in the previous days buying Daddy some special things that he would like. Sydney was so cute, when I asked her what she thought Daddy would like for her birthday she said, "guitar strings". She definitely knows her Daddy, gear is always his first pick of stuff to buy. Now, I know guitar strings aren't really classified as "gear" but still, she thought of it all by herself, without any prompting from me so I was more than pleased to take her to the local music store to pick out some strings and pics for Daddy.

So we had the gifts but we were still missing the cake and balloons part and those are MAJOR parts of birthdays, so even though balloons aren't Jeff idea of a great birthday item, we went to the store and picked a few up. I also picked up a couple of items to decorate Jeff's birthday cake. If you have seen any of the past birthday cakes that I've made you know that I'm not just a plain and boring circle or square kind of girl, I go a little (sometimes a lot) further. So for Jeff I decided to go with a guitar cake, and not just any guitar, a Gibson "Flying V". (It was the simplest and coolest body shape.) Here are a few pics from our party, the kiddos (and me) sure do love their Daddy.



It was also my Mom's b-day at the beginning of the month and to celebrate her the kids worked on a special video that we sent her. They had so much fun making the videos and almost as much fun watching them back after (which is evident at the end of the clip). I have probably 10-15 versions but have put what I think is the best up for you all to enjoy. Love you Mom!


No comments: