Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thank God It's Nap Time...

I'm exhausted. I forgot just how much work potty training is. Realistically Noah's doing decent, he's only on his 4th pair of underwear today and we've only had to clean up 3 accidents before nap time. And much to my surprise he has actually had one successful trip to the potty. But before you get too excited about that one success you should know that pretty much the only reason he actually went that time was because he sneezed and coughed at the same time while "trying". I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for the sneeze/cough he wouldn't have gone. But hey, a success is a success, right?!

So I'm hoping this afternoon goes a little better and we have more successes. Sydney has definitely been "interesting" with this whole experience. This morning she sure didn't like all the attention that Noah was getting, especially first thing when I was showing Noah with a doll how it all works and we were practicing. But with the whole idea that she gets treats when she cheers Noah on for successfully sitting on the potty made it all a little better (she was having a hard time seeing him get treats and snacks and she wanted some too). We've been making trips every 10 minutes or so, so it's starting to get really tiring, both for me and Noah. At the end he started fighting it more and making it a lot more challenging to get him to go into the bathroom and sit for more than 3 seconds. Hopefully he'll have a good nap today (something that hasn't happened in the past couple days) and wake-up refreshed and ready to try again at being a "big boy". Hopefully I'll recuperate during nap time as well so that I'll have the energy and patience necessary to keep going. At this point it's definitely a good thing nap time is here as my patience is all but gone. Please God, let it be a good nap time today!

No comments: