Sunday, July 27, 2008

Backyard Fun...

A couple of months ago I saw this great idea in a magazine to make a chalkboard on your fence for the kids to draw on. I decided that it was a perfect for my kids and they love to draw and are always asking to play with sidewalk chalk, but I'm not really a huge fan of them playing in the front yard as they seem to like to try and test my limits and cars' stopping ability. So Jeff and I went out and bought a big piece of plywood to screw on the fence (our adaptation of the idea, they just painted it straight onto the fence, but we didn't like that idea too much, it would make it harder for resale and the chalkboard surface wouldn't be too smooth), some chalkboard paint and went at it. It took a while for us to get everything painted and ready, but it turned out that it was finished the night before Noah's birthday so we got him a big bucket of sidewalk chalk for his birthday and put it up on the fence for them. The kids had so much fun coloring their giant chalkboard and it worked perfectly. Every time that we go out and play outside one of the first things that they do is color on the chalkboard. I can't wait till it cools down a little so that being outside is a little more pleasant and we can stay longer and color more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! If I had a yard I would be stealing this idea for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Want one too - for me! luv, lee

Anonymous said...

you yard-having people make me sick.

Susan Mondok said...

I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. I've been away to long....
Susan M